• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Striker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doesn't mean I have to like those aggressive SOB's!
what did you do to make them aggressive? think that they may just be a judge of charticter? LOL. I under stand where you are comming from.

what did you do to make them aggressive? think that they may just be a judge of charticter? LOL. I under stand where you are comming from.
You don't have to do anything to make a cottonmouth aggressive.

You don't have to do anything to make a cottonmouth aggressive.
I under stand that when they bite you it is not fatal, but will hurt like HE$$. I guess that it is just the nature of the beast/ reptile?

I under stand that when they bite you it is not fatal, but will hurt like HE$$. I guess that it is just the nature of the beast/ reptile?
Not usually lethal, but not long ago a boy jumped in a local lake and was bitten by several of them. He died right there.

Not usually lethal, but not long ago a boy jumped in a local lake and was bitten by several of them. He died right there.
that is so sad! I thought that the water snakes were called WATER MOCCOSENS? or BLACK RASERS? both non poisoness. I did not know that a COTTON MOUTH was deadly but as you said many biting you would be fatal.

that is so sad! I thought that the water snakes were called WATER MOCCOSENS? or BLACK RASERS? both non poisoness. I did not know that a COTTON MOUTH was deadly but as you said many biting you would be fatal.
Water Moccosens and Black Racers are NOT THE SAME!!!
Black Racer: friendly, non-venomous
Water Moccasin: VENOMOUS

I have kept both, you can handle the Racer, Don't Pick Up the Moccasin!! (also called Cotton Mouth)

Mad L,
That would make it a Poisonous Striker, the round files are non-venomous

NICE stiker!

so they can both swim. sorry if I struck a nerve, to cause you to use an exclamation point.

VERY NICE - it is something a person would be proud to own and show off :cool: :ghostly:;)

I sure do miss seeing copperheads and cotton mouths down in southern Illinois. Now I just see boring rattlers in Utah.

they serve a purpose in the scheme of things.
from experience the bite does hurt, and the anti venom injections were taken repeatedly over 24 hours in both arms and other parts! That was not a pleasant experience!

Back