• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Straightrazors

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW- Smith's Key to Sheffield Manufactories (Reprinted) 1816 has illustrations of razors. That would be 1816 era.

I've been away for a while, been checking out SRP. plus my health has took a turn for the worse, :shake: :surrender: . I wish I could go into hibernation and wake up in April!. I picked up a Genco Grant a couple of weeks ago. Lady at the Antique store has about 15 or so, but wants $60.00 to $75.00 for them! :youcrazy: .

So far shaving with a straight as become easier, I joined E-Bay (bad mistake) and I have bought 4 off of there in the past week! :youcrazy:

My straight razor probably cost more than all yours put together....it came with a tuition bill to barber college for my daughter so she could show me how to use it :doh:

They do work well though!

E-Bay has become a bane, bought 7 this month :youcrazy: But I know more about razors now and what to look for, Now if I could just find another Wm. Elliot & Com. #21 in good shape, I need some boxes though. Shaved with one and finished up a J.Wiss.

I confess!

in a moment of weakness , I bought a Hart... 7/8 inch, cocobolo scales ... heavy little guy ...

wow- best money I've spent in a while (even if it did cost better than two days pay)

that's my last straight razor purchase

no....

really, I promise!! :slap:

armakiller said:
E-Bay has become a bane, bought 7 this month :youcrazy: But I know more about razors now and what to look for, Now if I could just find another Wm. Elliot & Com. #21 in good shape, I need some boxes though. Shaved with one and finished up a J.Wiss.

I see them in antique shops all the time in all price ranges. If yer not careful ye could end up with hundreds of them. :wink:

I used to shave regularly with a Wade & Butcher straight razor, made in Sheffield, England maybe a hundred years ago (That's only WWI....egad!) Still have the razor, but I got tired of how it would tear up my psoriasis. Otherwise, I seldom had so much as a nick.

I see Jas. Townsend & Son has repro 18th century straight razors for sale.

Back