• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stolen

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizzly Adams

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I was on my way out of my neighborhood today and I saw a box with foam peanuts nearby. It dawned on me when I reached the mailboxes a half mile down the road. I have a mold and flints coming from track. Was that my box? I look inside the mailbox, and it's empty. I go back to the box, and guess whose name is on the mutilated box? :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Sorry to hear that buddy. I know what it feels like. I lost a $300 shipment from Buffalo Arms Co. in the exact same manner. May karma pay their sorry hides many visits.

Well that sucks. Who needs that stuff other than you? They can't use it or sell it easily! One out of a few hundred thousand people maybe interested!?

What are the pictures of at the top -- a crow-bared-open door? To what -- your house!?

I appreciate the empathy. I really do hope one of these days karma meets up with them and makes its presence known.

Oh it will, sooner or later it always does.

I hear ya Alden. Someone like that doesn't even have the foggiest idea what the stuff is, much less anyone they could sell it to. It's just pure old hard down meanness is all it is. They probably threw it out in the water ditch a half mile down the road.

The two top pictures are of the parcel box, showing where an instrument (likely a screwdriver) was used to extract my stuff.

The box was over a half mile from the mailbox and was evidently opened right there on the side of the road, the footsteps leading off to nowhere in the grass. My stuff will probably end up in a garage sale in a week or so.

Isn't it sad that this happens as often as it does nowadays?

The mold will probably turn up at a pawn shop tomorrow.
Tell the cops. Pawn shops keep records of who sells them stuff now days.

Happy birthday!

I am a regular at the pawn shop around here, so I will keep my eyes peeled. I will be notifying the postal service, as my parcel was thankfully insured. The parcel box is not usable, and breaking into one is a federal offense. The locks on these boxes are loose and not difficult at all to disengage.

sorry to hear of your troubles.

if you can get the postal inspector fellows involved, you may have some good result. I am given to understand that these guys are about the most tenacious law enforcement investigators in the world: each case is on their desk until it's solved (and obviously, having a bunch of unsolved cases is not career enhancing).

good luck!

Those inspectors wont have to look far.
The box a half mile back toward the neighbourhood.
Thieves don't worry about being seen stopped on side of road to open the box.
Being seen at the boxes appears not to concern them either. They live there is my bet. They have reason to be there.
These petty crimes are opportunity for someone who was there anyhow.
Good thing that insurance, hey Dewd ?
O.

That stinks. :cursing:
My daughter lives in Little Rock and the gangstas practically follow the mailmen and steal the mail. She gets all her mail sent to our house. The police are very good at responding after the fact.

Got any Game Cameras????? I have a couple and they are set up at different places on my property,,none in the woods,, after hunting season,,across the road from my mail box,one covering each door to my home and one in the garage somewhere,,,especially around holidays or when I am waiting for a package,,

I hope you still have the box. You can give it to the postal guys to have it processed for prints. It doesn't matter if you handled it. They can eliminate your prints from the bad guys easily enough.:hmm:

Sorry that happened to you
Good chance it is someone you know and knows you

William Alexander

I am sorry you have to experience such manure. All the above is good advice, and you will hopefully recover your goods through the insurance. And definitely get the Postal boys involved.

Probably local drug idiots, and they deserve whatever ill befalls them.

Richard

I do have the box, thankfully.

Will be putting game cameras up shortly. Turns out other people have had their parcels stolen from the same box.

Would not be surprised at all if it was the local druggies, Grumpa. In fact, the thief emptying the contents of the package right on the side of the road leads me to believe somebody of compromised intelligence is to blame.

thats just bad. some people just need to be locked up and the cell door keys thrown away. a couple years ago someone started taking my morning news paper. they would get mine a couple times a week then get my uncles a few times, he got so mad he said he was going to sit out there and put some lead their way if he caught them. well i had the feeling that maybe the paper person just wasnt leaving the paper so i sat out there and watched, she always comes through about 4am in the morning so i got up a little before that and watched. the first morning she slowed down an dropped my uncles then mine and she was on her way. about a hour later the morning work crew started coming through, i just knew some ******* was going to stop and get our paper to sit and read at morning break. well no one got them, i sat and watched a few more mornings and no one got them then a couple days later mine came up gone then next morning my uncles, so i went back to watching, here she comes drops the paper and for a hour nothing then here comes a car it got almost to my uncles driveway and hit the brakes. i said here it comes fixing to catch them in the act, then they hit the gas and went on, then out of nowhere the thief appeared from the side of the road grabbed the paper and took off. i just stood there not believing what i saw. i went over to my uncles house later that day and told him i caught the paper thief this morning, who was it he ask. i said a bleaping coyote.

Well at least that is one thief that can be dealt with by a speeding round ball.
I wonder what he does with the paper ?
O.

If the postal investigators get the box, they can put it into a closed tank to process it. In simple terms they put an open vial of super glue into the tank with the item being processed. The glue fumes fill the tank and coat everything inside. The glue also adheres to any skin oils/ finger prints and turns them a purple. The prints harden and can be dusted with finger print powder. Those prints can be lifted with a tape and submitted for identification. California has a super fast computer to do the checking now. You might get lucky. :hmm:

Latest posts

Back