• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stolen

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After my pistols were stolen I looked at several trail cameras to set up around my house.
I found the cost of several of them would be quite high.
I also found another limitation.

Keeping the cameras out of reach but still close enough to "trigger" them into action might be the problem.

Most of the trail cameras I've seen rely on a proximity sensor to start them and if the subject is too far away they won't photograph it.

Zonie, forget the trail-cams and get surveillance cameras that trip on motion and send the feed directly to your computer or smart phone. Have the footage sent to a secure server and "wah-la" you have your thief! Also enough evidence to secure an arrest!

Unfortunate that a shortsighted naysayer fails to understand the value of theft discussions. In this case it was related to muzzleloading materials, therefore relevant.

Theft is something pervasive in society and has been so for all of recorded history. Today it is important to not only acknowledge it, but to discuss steps to take to prevent it, as is discussed here. Many points have been made about loss-prevention thru discussion here, and items stolen need not be necessarily muzzleloader materials to be applicable.

I make it a point to get package-in-transit e-mail updates for everything shipped to me via UPS, FedEx and USPS, usually muzzleloading related items, but not exclusively.

An E-mail comes directly to my desk at work showing current status of a package in transit. When it shows 'Out for Delivery', I am able to be on hand when it is delivered, or shortly thereafter.

In an accident enroute to a rendezvous, there are muzzloading materials that may be compromised if not properly secured after an accident, and subject to theft. A significant point missed my the contentious.

AZbpBurner said:
Many points have been made about loss-prevention thru discussion here, and items stolen need not be necessarily muzzleloader materials to be applicable.
Exactly my point, this is about theft, not muzzleloading.

I got a flat tire on the way to buy patch material. Should that be posted in Shooting Accessories or General Muzzleloading? :rotf:

I get the tracking updates as well. Usually I have items held at UPS because it is really close to my work, or have it shipped directly to me at work.

Jack Wilson said:
AZbpBurner said:
Many points have been made about loss-prevention thru discussion here, and items stolen need not be necessarily muzzleloader materials to be applicable.
Exactly my point, this is about theft, not muzzleloading.

I got a flat tire on the way to buy patch material. Should that be posted in Shooting Accessories or General Muzzleloading? :rotf:

Actually, there is a thread similar to what you mention.

Zonie said:
I guess I'm letting it ride because I had 9 of my cap and ball pistols stolen so I can identify with someone having ANYTHING muzzleloading related stolen.

IMO, the "General Muzzleloading" section is for stuff that's not covered by the other forum areas so this is the best place to put the topic.

Have a nice day. :)

9 cap and ball pistols stolen ? WoW. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

One of the things about these forums on the web, including this one is the freedom to read the topics and posts you want to read and skip over those you don't want to read.

You obviously only want to read the posts that deal with muzzleloading and you've identified this topic as one that doesn't deal with muzzleloading.

I suggest that you use your freedom and just skip over this topic. You'll be a lot happier. :)

Zonie said:
One of the things about these forums on the web, including this one is the freedom to read the topics and posts you want to read and skip over those you don't want to read.

You obviously only want to read the posts that deal with muzzleloading and you've identified this topic as one that doesn't deal with muzzleloading.

I suggest that you use your freedom and just skip over this topic. You'll be a lot happier. :)
So people can post whatever they want in any category and you just want people to sort though it and skip over whatever doesn't fit? Good job. :thumbsup:

Zonie said:
And the name of this forum is what? General conversation or general muzzleloading?

Zonie, read all the posts. How many talk about muzzleloading? How many talk about thieves, cameras, houses being broken into, cars being stolen, etc.? Are you serious? Where's the muzzleloading? :doh:

Along the same train of thought then, talking about how something is not related to muzzleloading, is not related to muzzleloading. :idunno:

Mountain Dewd said:
Along the same train of thought then, talking about how something is not related to muzzleloading, is not related to muzzleloading. :idunno:
So what you're saying is... trying to correct a problem IS a problem. How rational. :shake:

The exchanging of ideas and information is always good. Problems can crop up when there are senseless attempts to stifle communication.

Problems? We don't need no stinkin' problems... :dead: :rotf:

Jack Wilson said:
Mountain Dewd said:
So what you're saying is... trying to correct a problem IS a problem. How rational. :shake:

The mere fact that Your the only one with a problem should give you a bit to contemplate? I honestly cannot recall you EVER posting any useful information or positive feedback in ANY THREAD? Where is your frustration coning from? If It bothers you this much Jack I really thing you may be happier on another forum with stricter moderators. Anyone else "offended" from this thread? :idunno:

DoubleDeuce 1 said:
The exchanging of ideas and information is always good. Problems can crop up when there are senseless attempts to stifle communication.
I agree and when the "exchange of ideas" is in the correct category it's even better. :thumbsup:

It belongs in NON-muzzleloading. Threads get moved all the time, why not this one?

Latest posts

Back