• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrel season continues!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killer

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well day two of my squirrel season found me and my son sitting on a big oak stand not too far from the house. I had to argue with my son not to bring his 20 gage pump, but to use his new tulle. Not haveing confidence in his tulle for hunting he grabed it with a frown on his face. After sitting for about 10 minutes under the oak canopy my son noticed a fox squirrel tail hanging off a branch about 40 ft above us in the tree, he waited for the squirrel to peak over the branch at us and pulled the trigger his tulle belched fire and the squirrel jumped up wounded but climbing higher in the tree, so i fired my carolina smoothbore at it and brought it down. I looked at my son and seen the big grin on his face and asked "well what do you think?" all he said was awsome. We worked our way down the ridge and sat down again a few minutes later i seen him shoulder his gun. BOOM. I got him he yelled. I just chukled to myself as he walked over and proudly held up a big gray squirrel. A few minutes later i connected with a big gray and we headed for home. After all the game and guns were cleaned I got a Thanks for takeing me hunting dad, and thanks for talking me into takeing my tulle can we go next weekend? Smoothbores only of course. A perfect father and son hunt. The old way.
003-12.jpg

Back