• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Spring garden

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My tomato bushes are so heavy the cages are bending over lol. The rest doing ok for the most part :)

YqdKECY.jpg

zrZz4B3.jpg
f05mcqS.jpg

4rYVV89.jpg

I drove to Denver today, 9 hour round trip to have lunch with my son :youcrazy:

Brought them a basket full of Corn Beans & summer squash I pick last night.

It occured to me that I have never seen his wife so much as boil water, but then again I had him cooking meals at 8 or 9 so even if she doesn't he can cook.

Sure wish it had been the other way around, I would like to have seen my Grand Daughter come out here where she could chase the chickens around the garden & eat Tomatoes off the plant.

3 year olds have such a wonder about life, almost makes me forget I'm a cranky old so & so. :wink:

I have been giving so many summer squash away, that the neighbors hide when they see me driving down the street.I so look forward to the first few meals with fresh summer squash and two weeks later end up feeding it to the goats.

We dehydrated some a decade ago. Didn't like it dried. Tried freezing some and it was just mush, whether blanched or not.

Ahh! the Zucchini wars. Any car with the widows left down get Zucchini. Flatlanders think they are safe away from their cities of crime but Bwahahahahaha!

Back seats of some small eco cars can be filled with less than a 1/2 of a pick-up truck of the dark green monsters. I mean filled if they had kids with them they will not fit in.

Local PD won't care or help as they have had their cruisers FILLED when busy on a detail and not paying attention BWahahahahahahaha!

I ration the seeds every May so the DW don't get carried away. FWIW these have happened around our town.

Seriously now the DW needs 30 gallon bags of frozen Zucchini shreds for making bread. The breads are for gifts for Christmas and any bake sale for the library or town function.

They are to die for! Spread when they are warmed with butter and/or cream cheese.

As frozen for a side dish I find summer squash mushy and not worth the effort.

my high bush cranberries are closer to 10 ft high. They are so pretty in late summer with the red berries on the dark green leaves. I have yet to find a way to prepare them that is worth the effort.

I love my high bush cranberries too.....They feed a lot of birds and squirrels come February and march when food is scarce.

They hold onto those red berries all winter, very pretty when the ground is snow covered.

Planted mine at the end of a row of hazelnut bushes. They grew great for the first year.
Then the Mrs. took them down with the John Deere.
Oooops. :cursing:
They are making a nice comeback from the roots this time. She is on notice. Nuf said.
Back to the gardens..... harvesting Bok Choy tonite to go stir fry with Atlantic salmon grilled steaks. And the first of my white pumpkins is over 30 lbs and its got 8 weeks to grow! :grin:

Mine are very old (stems are bigger than broom handles)...I trim every year and have cut them to the ground...they come back....Only lost one, a wild cherry grew up in the middle and killed it....So I topped the cherry and made a beautiful bush out of it. I even half burnt one with the exhaust heat from a skidloader....it came back too....They are a great bush. The fruit is pretty much inedible....IMO.

I also have a regular cranberry bush too....It's only about 3 feet tall.

Latest posts

Back