• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Spring garden

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your Rhubarb Sweet pepper sauce got into my head and I just finished canning 8 jelly jars of Rhubarb Ginger jam made with juice from gooseberries & Chopped Rhubarb both from the garden.

Nice LOL.
Gonna make a Spicy Tomato jam in the next couple days from my pickings :)

Gd0X7Yu.jpg

vpqYW5u.jpg

"Rhubarb ginger".......That has a nice sound to it.....could be jam, wine or beer. Always looking for something to do with rhubarb, but, isn't it past it's prime this time of year?

Ames said:
The Mrs. was given permission to mow down the rhubarb around this farm. Over and over. Hate that stuff. :barf:

I love rhubarb....and here's why

Rhubarb is a perennial that lasts all summer and is hard to kill and even harder for weeds to take over.
The first time I visited a friends place in the country I noticed he had a very long wash berm for erosion/water control running along his yard.
The berm was about a 100 yards long by six feet tall and had rhubarb growing on it.....I asked him why did he plant so much rhubarb?....He said, "so I don't have to mow the berm".....

:haha: Pure genius.

:doh: Bit of a timing mistake.

It's still on the hot side here, dropped last week from the 100s each day to the low 90s but still hot.

And I have quite a few winter squash that are ripe, I don't have a cellar or really anywhere cool until it gets cool.

What am I to do with Blue Hubbard, eating Pumpkins and the like when they are ready a full month before I have cool storage weather? :surrender:

Sean Gadhar said:
:doh: Bit of a timing mistake.

It's still on the hot side here, dropped last week from the 100s each day to the low 90s but still hot.

And I have quite a few winter squash that are ripe, I don't have a cellar or really anywhere cool until it gets cool.

What am I to do with Blue Hubbard, eating Pumpkins and the like when they are ready a full month before I have cool storage weather? :surrender:
Dehydrate or can the punkins.

1st load of winter squash

At least that many again still on bright green vines so I am letting them grow for now. These all came off vines that had started to yellow a bit. (and a few giant okra off a plant I must have been missing :redface: )

Back