• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Spent a day experimenting with bismuth.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pure Tin runs about 2/3 the weight of lead which is why tin shot never really took off as a replacement for lead shot. Tin's density is about 7.28 g/cm3 versus lead's at about 11.34 g/cm3. Most of the magnum grade lead shot I have read about runs about 10.5 to 10.7 g/cm3 due to having antimony added as does copper or nickel plated lead with their respective plating. Pure Bismuth runs about 9.80 g/cm3 and mixed with 5% tin drops the density down to about 9.7 g/cm3. I am going off memory here. I have no problem shooting the 95%/5% Bismuth /Tin alloy either in shot form or round ball. It is about as close to lead as you can get without going the tungsten route. Have a nice weekend.

I think California just might become one of the best places to hunt in the coming decade. With their new lead legislation causing thousands of hunters to quit or leave, hunting pressure will be greatly reduced on the animal population.
Hunters that remain and adapt to the legislation should find the hunting better than ever.

Latest posts

Back