• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

spanking new 54 GPR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tippyguru

32 Cal.
Reaction score
:) Hello all, i hav ejust received my GPR 54 perc and i have the patches in 12 and 15 the ball in 535 powder in 3f and 2P and i am busting to clean the bore and get to the range so much , smoke is nearly coming off my fingers typing :grin:

tippyguru said:
:) Hello all, i hav ejust received my GPR 54 perc and i have the patches in 12 and 15 the ball in 535 powder in 3f and 2P and i am busting to clean the bore and get to the range so much , smoke is nearly coming off my fingers typing :grin:
congrats on the new gun,is the 2p? wano powder if it is it is good powder it likes a lot of compresion so seat your ball down hard,i use 3p wano in my .50 & .54.
bernie :thumbsup:

You couldn't have picked a better rifle/caliber combination :thumbsup: . Both of mine love 80 grains of FFg Goex, .530 balls and pillow ticking with moose milk. Now, go out and enjoy that new rifle.

Good choice, hope you enjoy. I picked the Trade rifle in .54, and shoot 80g of 3f and a .535 round ball.

Congratulations! I have the same and am shooting 75g 2f with 530 ball and .15 prelubed patch. I have it to a three inch pattern at fifty yards with the occasional flier, which is my fault not the rifle, resting on the back of a sling chair. Your going to have a blast!

Mike

Clean that bore with brake cleaner right off the bat! Lyman's grease/oil is hard to get out any other way.

Mine is really fond of the .535/.015 combo over 90 grains of FF or 80 grains of FFF. Best midrange load for targets and such is 50 grains of FFF, and you can't beat 35 grains of FFF for head shots on small game. It's a bunch more accurate than my aging eyes. Anyone who has shot mine has gone out and bought their own, even if they already owned a GPR 50.

Close to what mine likes.100 grs of FFg,.535 RB,.020 pillow.I agree to give her a real good scrubbing.I used 0000 steel wool with oil and it greatly helped shoot in time and accuracy.

I`ve had my GPR .54 Lefty for 3 years now and it just keeps shooting better and better. At the shoots I mostly use 60grs. of 2F and .018 Pillow Ticking lubed with[url] Spit.In[/url] cold weather I use Mink Oil from Track Of The Wolf for lube, both shoot to the same P.O.I.! Have fun.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back