• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Some real old prices

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first Muzzleloader was a TC Renegade bought in 1983 for $119.95. Wish I still had it.
My kit was/is a TCA hawkin 50 cal bought in 1979 for $89.99 on sale at gander mountain mail order.Still have and hunt with it today! Still in top shape well taken care of and made in Rochester New Hampshire USA!

Tom Hobbes was the other one and he was one of the best offhand muzzleloader shots I have ever seen.

My first job was pumping gas in the early 70s, gasoline was in the $0.30 per gallon range. However to make that fact easier to take, my job paid $1.81 per hour. I’m still working and I make a bit more than that now but I’m not pumping gas.

The sad thing is that I fear that before too long we will be calling our current time the good old days.
Yup some old grey beard about 2060 will be saying I remember when Swiss was less then forty a pound😂

On a sadder note, just paid $559.9 for gas at Chevron. But you must remember, California has that "Special Blend" or is that bend over? :eek: :eek: And there isn't SQUAT you can do about it!! :mad:
Guess you could go electric?? 🤣🤣 Either pay me now OR pay me later. :rolleyes::oops:

CVA 45 Cap lock kit $46 J,C Pennys ,in 73 --- 6.5 Carcano 1966-67 $24 K-mart and i was 16 yr
My dad bought me the same rifle (6.5 Carcano) in 1948 for the gun at $5.00 and three boxes of ammo with the tin clips all for $8.50 (gun and ammo) at a local hardware store. We even got to pick the one we wanted out of a large whiskey barrel with several dozen butts hanging over the sides of the barrel. The Mausers in 8MM Big Ring 98's (same amount guns available) were $9.00 a piece, dad figured the 200-grain military ammo would have been too much recoil. It was several years later before we started hand loading.

On a sadder note, just paid $559.9 for gas at Chevron. But you must remember, California has that "Special Blend" or is that bend over? :eek: :eek: And there isn't SQUAT you can do about it!! :mad:
Guess you could go electric?? 🤣🤣 Either pay me now OR pay me later. :rolleyes::oops:
The gas companies should only make the most in-demand fuel, and tell California to go pound sand. Wonder how long it would take for the politicians to change their minds?

I remember in the middle 70s my Dad gave me a dollar a day for lunch in Highschool instead of lunch I bought a pack of Marlboro's got a big heated honey bun and a large Dew at the restaurant across from the school..Now thats what a dollar got you in the middle 70s
Yep, Marlboros we’re under .50 a pack, cokes were .10 each and gas was about .70 a gallon in my area. I remember filling up my VW for $7-$8 and lasted me almost 2 weeks driving to College and work. Sold shoes at Jordan Marsh at $1.86 an hour and had money for my College classes, books etc and left over to go into my savings account. Gold Triangle sold M1 Garands for $60 and M1 Carbines for $40 ish. Cost of living was at a decent rate back then compared to now.😱

I remember crabby old farts "female dogging" about high prices way back when I was a kid. Some things do not change.

"Ah member buyin' J Edgar Hoover's 357 Magnum revolver fer 75 cents. Awe wouldn't uh paid that much, but the deal included a holster and several boxes o'ammo.

Yep, thems wush the days, tale yew wut."

I remember crabby old farts "female dogging" about high prices way back when I was a kid. Some things do not change.

"Ah member buyin' J Edgar Hoover's 357 Magnum revolver fer 75 cents. Awe wouldn't uh paid that much, but the deal included a holster and several boxes o'ammo.

Yep, thems wush the days, tale yew wut."
I'm one of those! When I was a kid, there were barrels full of muzzleloaders at a local general store, not any priced over $15!

Back