• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Some pics of my camp

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Black

36 Cal.
Reaction score
The first two pics are of my camp and the rest are of my rondy neighbors :) The one pole works best for me, as I usually camp alone, and it makes for quick and easy set-up.
IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

Ya know, I tried a one pole (also called a "LeanPee" in our neck of the woods) like that as a loaner from a friend.
I found that pole in the middle to be in the way, and when I gave it back too him I sewed a canvis sock like thing to fit over the peak, so we could tie ropes to it and streach out in front, that way the pole cold be brought forward to the front of the door with the tention of the ropas holding it in place.
Opened more space in the tent,,

Thanks for the comments! Necchi, I agree with you on the space issue. These pics were the first time I camped in the tent, and with it being only me I didn't think it was too bad. I have a rondy coming up in May and my wife is thinking about coming with and I think since tent has ties on the outside for a three pole setup, I think I'll give that a try. :thumbsup:

Thanks T.O. It still amazes me how much time and MONEY it takes just to have a small camp like mine, let alone my neighbors. There is a fella in my club that has a 10x12 wall tent for sale that I'd love to have, but I think the boss would KILL me. This will do for now....... :wink:

Looks great. :thumbsup:
Personally I like small and simple.
You can always go hang out at the neighbors big spread. Then you get to go "home" if you get tired while everybody else keeps hangin' around and keeping them up 'til all hours.
You can be set up and done while they're still unloading their dually and trailer.
To me it seems closer to the way things would have been "back in the day".

He who has the biggest fly gets all the visitors.....and supplies the most beer :grin:
Ain't that what it's all about?
I've got 2 - 16' square "Big Tops" & can never have too many under them.

Crackshot123 said:
Thanks T.O. It still amazes me how much time and MONEY it takes just to have a small camp like mine, let alone my neighbors. There is a fella in my club that has a 10x12 wall tent for sale that I'd love to have, but I think the boss would KILL me. This will do for now....... :wink:
I'm with you on the cost...!! We had a 10 X 12 wall tent and sold it to purchase a 12 X 14 with 4 foot high sides. In retrospect, we should have gone with a 10 X 12 with 4 foot sides. The latter lodge is HUGE for 2 people. The extra foot on the side walls makes a big difference in room even though the square foot dimensions are the same. We also have a 12 X 16 foot enclosed fly and have have had 18 people under it for a "tornado party" (not OUR idea!) which has seemingly become an annual event. Here is a photo of our lodge, just setting up.
STV2003002.jpg

Viewing those pictures makes me want to get out there and pitch my tent!!

Can I come sleep with you? Ahhh....that didn't come out right. It looks better than my house. Great looking setup.
:thumbsup:

I will be there this year Hopefully ALOT...I came to a woodswalk there last year and one Rondy. It was a GREAT time. Your Woodswalk is the reason behind me getting a Throwing Hawk, throwing Knife and a pistol.. tired of missing out on points..lol

Back