• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Some pix from camp

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave951

62 Cal.
Reaction score
I've gotten some pix from working in Scout camp this last few weeks. Since we're always looking for novel ideas to keep the kids engaged and having fun, one new target type is stuffed toys like unicorns and a "hello kitty". For some reason, they were the most popular targets for the last week with "hello kitty" getting a ballistic sendoff to that great litter box in the sky and the unicorn soaking up over 25 musket ball hits. All this carnage left quite a bit of "stuffing" on the backstop and brings new meaning to 'knock the stuffins outn them'!

Patch round ball loading instruction. You can just make out the unicorn over the kid's head in the background and the second target to the left of the unicorn was "hello kitty" and it was half the size of the unicorn.
9348.jpg

At Camp Raven Knob- Charlie, aka "Mr President" is demonstrating loading original style buck n ball in an original 1842 Macon. In the background is our own @PathfinderNC in colonial outfit with his extra special spiffy hat.
IMG_20230704_100623.jpg

Shot fired in memory of San Juan hill. Bully for you Mr President!!
IMG_20230704_100704.jpg

And at Camp Bud Schiele- me demonstrating loading procedure for minie balls in an 1863 Remington aka "Zouave". The demo shot added to the unicorn carnage downrange.
9323(1).jpg

I've gotten some pix from working in Scout camp this last few weeks. Since we're always looking for novel ideas to keep the kids engaged and having fun, one new target type is stuffed toys like unicorns and a "hello kitty". For some reason, they were the most popular targets for the last week with "hello kitty" getting a ballistic sendoff to that great litter box in the sky and the unicorn soaking up over 25 musket ball hits. All this carnage left quite a bit of "stuffing" on the backstop and brings new meaning to 'knock the stuffins outn them'!

Patch round ball loading instruction. You can just make out the unicorn over the kid's head in the background and the second target to the left of the unicorn was "hello kitty" and it was half the size of the unicorn.
View attachment 236351

At Camp Raven Knob- Charlie, aka "Mr President" is demonstrating loading original style buck n ball in an original 1842 Macon. In the background is our own @PathfinderNC in colonial outfit with his extra special spiffy hat.
View attachment 236352

Shot fired in memory of San Juan hill. Bully for you Mr President!!
View attachment 236356

And at Camp Bud Schiele- me demonstrating loading procedure for minie balls in an 1863 Remington aka "Zouave". The demo shot added to the unicorn carnage downrange.
View attachment 236357
Thank you for what you do!

Latest posts

Back