• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD SOLD - Shenadoah Kit - flint or percussion $400/$450

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brightboy

40 Cal
Reaction score
I have available for discussion a .50 traditions shenandoah kit. This is very comparable to the kentucky kit with the exception it has set triggers and a one piece stock. It's my understanding these are only available to those going through the SDI online gunsmith program - I manged to find a guy that had a spare.

400 includes the percussion lock. For 450 I'll swap ya the pictured cva lock if you're interested in a flint version.

Ill send you both locks for 500.

I don't have the touch hole liner but it's available for $6 from Track of the Wolf.

Edit - some are saying this conversion is not as easy as it seems. I have a friend that's been into blackpowder for longer than I've been alive that tells me it's like stealing candy from a baby... I'll let you decide.

Shipping is additional.

I'm selling this only to loosen funds to buy a larger flintlock so if you have one youd like to trade and would accept this as a partial trade, let me know.

Happy to answer and question and/or provide

 My name is written on the box :)
20231121_221548.jpg
more pics

Last edited:
Is the barrel percussion only, or does it have a vent liner to replace the drum and nipple?
This barrel can readily accept the vent hole liner or a drum. I'm willing to provide a percussion and or flint lock mechanics at the buyers desire - the flintlock will be a little more expensive (as usual) because I don't really want to sell it haha!

The cva lock I have also comes with a second frizzen.

This barrel can readily accept the vent hole liner or a drum. I'm willing to provide a percussion and or flint lock mechanics at the buyers desire - the flintlock will be a little more expensive (as usual) because I don't really want to sell it haha!

The cva lock I have also comes with a second frizzen.
Does it come with the vent liner?

Then this post is very misleading. First it is listed as either percussion or flint for $400, then you say it's another $50 for the flint lock, THEN you say it needs a vent liner that you don't have...with the assumption it can be converted.

Then this post is very misleading. First it is listed as either percussion or flint for $400, then you say it's another $50 for the flint lock, THEN you say it needs a vent liner that you don't have...with the assumption it can be converted.
Okay, I've edited the post to try and some clarity - not trying to mislead. I hope my prompt and complete answers to all questions on this thread go to support my transparency.

Happy Thanksgiving

"400 includes the percussion lock. For 450 I'll swap ya the pictured cva lock if you're interested in a flint version. "

With all respect to you, the OP seems pretty clear. Vent liner is minor.
Larry

Last edited:
Would like to see a picture of the inside of the percussion lock.
I'm with my inlaws until Sunday but happy to grab a picture at that time. The lock is very similar to old jukar/cva locks with the exception of an additional plate shown in the picture below (has 3 screws) I grabbed from another post. I'm pretty certain it's an adjustable sear.
Screenshot_20231122-142101_Google.jpg

"400 includes the percussion lock. For 450 I'll swap ya the pictured cva lock if you're interested in a flint version. "

With all respect to you, the OP seems pretty clear. Vent liner is minor.
Larry
The description originally said $400, flint or percussion, which was one price for either option, then said in the ad itself it was more for the flint lock. There was no mention of needing a vent liner, either.

It's still questionable if a percussion CVA barrel can be that easily converted.

The description originally said $400, flint or percussion, which was one price for either option, then said in the ad itself it was more for the flint lock. There was no mention of needing a vent liner, either.

It's still questionable if a percussion CVA barrel can be that easily converted.
Thanks for clarifying! Sometimes a post can get confusing, but surely not by intent.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back