• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD SOLD:Antique 12 Bore Percussion Shotgun (For Restoration or Decoration)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I picked this up a while back with hopes of getting it ready for the woods. However, now that I’ve dug into it a bit, it’s well above my meager abilities, and I really don’t have anywhere to display it. So, my loss is someone else’s gain (hopefully).

What is it: An antique 12 bore (mics at 0.72 at muzzle) percussion shotgun. 28 1/4” barrel and 14” lop. The barrel does have a proof, but it’s to hard for me to decipher to figure out where the barrel was made. I’m assuming Birmingham or Belgium, but that’s a guess. Barrel is also stamped “ AJ Chapman”. The lock has some engraving, but if there is a name on it, I cannot make it out. The lock bolt head is broken, and I have not attempted to remove it.

The Good:
- Lock is strong and locks in both half and full cock.
-Trigger is crisp and releases well. No play in it at all.
-The wood seems pretty solid, no major cracks or chips that I can find.
-It’s a pretty attractive gun, I mean, what squirrel hunter of means wouldn't want an inlaid bushy tail on the side of their shotgun.

The Bad:
-No ramrod
-Bore is not great, but not terrible.
-When I first cleaned it, there was a lot of crud at the bottom of the barrel. I’m not sure if it was left loaded, but it just had a bunch of dried up stuff at the bottom. I’ve done my best to scrape it out, but I can’t guarantee that there’s not more in there.
-The nipple is no good, and will likely need drilled out and tapped for a new nipple.

I would like to get $150 plus $25 shipping for it. I’m also open to trades, and they need not be of firearms, other muzzleloading related items, knives, hawks, axes would be considered. I’m also open to reasonable offers.

Thanks for looking, and let me know if you have questions, I’ll do my best to answer them.

Attachments

• IMG_4877.jpeg
    IMG_4877.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4878.jpeg
    IMG_4878.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4879.jpeg
    IMG_4879.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4880.jpeg
    IMG_4880.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4881.jpeg
    IMG_4881.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4882.jpeg
    IMG_4882.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4883.jpeg
    IMG_4883.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4884.jpeg
    IMG_4884.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4885.jpeg
    IMG_4885.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4889.jpeg
    IMG_4889.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I cannot figure out how to leave feedback. I did it once before but the procedure escapes me at the moment so all I have to say about this deal is OUTSTANDING! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back