• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SMR set trigger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nav

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t figure out what’s wrong. The lock fires in and out of the rifle, but when I pull the set trigger it stops on half cock. Where could the problem be?

The “fly”? The tumbler? It’s all there.
As I said, it fires fine out of the gun, and in the gun except if you pull the set trigger. Then it stops on half cock,

The “fly”? The tumbler?

1695235278355.png

@Nav, I couldn’t find a good photo of the Fly so I drew one for you. It’s a shot in the dark, but if you have a magnet slowly work it over the area where you removed the tumbler from the hammer. The Fly is tiny, so be methodical on your work bench and floor. If you find it put it in a closed container for safe keeping! When you remove the tumbler you’ll easily see the groove where it fits and the hole that the stem on the Fly fits into. Make sure it’s clean and lightly oiled.

Attachments

• IMG_2663.jpeg
    IMG_2663.jpeg
    768.5 KB · Views: 0
I can’t figure out what’s wrong. The lock fires in and out of the rifle, but when I pull the set trigger it stops on half cock. Where could the problem be?
You probably need to remove some wood that rubbing

Back