• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smoothbore Fowler Info needed....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How available are Fowlers with a 16 gauge barrel? I don’t know that any of the better kits come with that option. I’ve been planning on a Fowler as a all around hunting gun. Was planning to go 20 gauge. I would mostly be going after rabbit, squirrel and turkey with shot. PRB for deer. Might try my luck at some ducks or geese.
I agree Loyalist Dave, the 16 gauge is very neglected. I hear it is more popular in Texas? They were very popular in South America when I was growing up.
I have a 16 gauge Fowler made for me by Mike Brooks. He made it exactly to my specs and copied the New England #9 from Switlick. It weighs 6lbs. 4oz and points like a wand.
ED8253EB-EC0F-4E41-AA39-F2699BB6483D.jpeg

I jump shoot ducks and Canada geese from a canoe with my 20 gauge. Hug the insides of River bends as ducks like to relax in the slack water around the corner and I can get to within 20-25 yards of them no problem. I think being in the canoe breaks up the human form and it makes them less wary. Here in Ontario it’s legal to shoot ducks from a moving canoe but a boat with a motor has to turn it off before shooting.
Shooting ducks from a blind with a flintlock 20 Gauge? Probably see more cripples then I’d like.

I jump shoot ducks and Canada geese from a canoe with my 20 gauge. Hug the insides of River bends as ducks like to relax in the slack water around the corner and I can get to within 20-25 yards of them no problem. I think being in the canoe breaks up the human form and it makes them less wary. Here in Ontario it’s legal to shoot ducks from a moving canoe but a boat with a motor has to turn it off before shooting.
Shooting ducks from a blind with a flintlock 20 Gauge? Probably see more cripples then I’d like.
I have done this with unmentionables. Lots of fun!!

Latest posts

Back