• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sling Ideas for Trade Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somewhere, I saw a musket where they had drilled a hole in the rear of the stock and ran a leather loop through it. Attached the rear of the sling to that.
Ah cool !!! I'd like to see that ... This is just a blanket gun I made with a hole through the stock but I'd like to see the one your talking about , sounds interesting ...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1673283058344.jpg
    FB_IMG_1673283058344.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 0
Ah cool !!! I'd like to see that ... This is just a blanket gun I made with a hole through the stock but I'd like to see the one your talking about , sounds interesting ...
Cannot find it as I'm supposedly getting my patient list and mapping out the daily ride. :ghostly:
But the pix below shows in red the location of that hole. Now, how PC that is and whether you'd get tossed out on the ear from a juried event, cannot vouch for that one way or another.

298616-FB-IMG-1673283058344.jpg

ETA:
Added the pix below for clarification:
But instead of the leather sling, this particular musket had a white fabric ¿linen? sling that went to a standard appearing sling swivel on the front. It was not obvious or stated if that front sling swivel could move.

MOSIN-NAGANT-RIFLE-LEATHER-SLING-WITH-DOG-COLLAR-LEATHER-LOOPS-SHOULDER-STRAP-1.jpg

Last edited:
Cannot find it as I'm supposedly getting my patient list and mapping out the daily ride. :ghostly:
But the pix below shows in red the location of that hole. Now, how PC that is and whether you'd get tossed out on the ear from a juried event, cannot vouch for that one way or another.

View attachment 298529
Its a neat idea though ... Like to so that sometime ....

View attachment 298529

ETA:
Added the pix below for clarification:
But instead of the leather sling, this particular musket had a white fabric ¿linen? sling that went to a standard appearing sling swivel on the front. It was not obvious or stated if that front sling swivel could move.

View attachment 298544
Very Russian. 😂

Latest posts

Back