Sling for muzzleloader

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Reaction score
I seen a sling on a Renegade that I like and was wondering where to get one. It was made of leather and it was just a pocket for the rifle butt and a leather strap that wrapped around the barrel.

Do they sell them somewhere or is that something I have to make myself?

erhunter

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Dixon's Muzzle Loading, Kempton, Pa. had a universal sling that was made out of really nice leather. I have one on my Lyman Trade Rifle. This sling will fit on many rifles. Give Greg a call, he will help you. The sling is made exactly as you describe that you are looking for.

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
DO NOT
Leave them on the rifle overnight.
The leather on the butt and that around the barrel may leech out tanning acids if the leather gets wet from a mist or a little rain while you're in the woods.
Leaving it on overnight may cause rust on a steel butt plate, and on the barrel where the leather rests. ;)

LD

deermanok

32 Cal.
Reaction score
DO NOT
Leave them on the rifle overnight.
The leather on the butt and that around the barrel may leech out tanning acids if the leather gets wet from a mist or a little rain while you're in the woods.
Leaving it on overnight may cause rust on a steel butt plate, and on the barrel where the leather rests. ;)

LD
Good to know.

Latest posts