• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Skychief afternoon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well it was 40 MPH winds and I elected not to go pig hunting (javalina). So I made up 4 loads of powder/shot at 1f x 75 gr and 75 gr # 5. Then 4 more at 1f x 65 gr and 65 gr # 5. Made a quick pattern board and cut several sheets of newsprint. To the woods with my son. 1st of all I had never shot 1f. Its a game changer. Last time out with this lil ARM dbl 20 ga it beat my cheek BAD. I was scared! No cheek slap at all! Also I had not done the Skychief load yet in the gun.

Shot 25 yds. No tape measure but looked like all the pellets stayed inside a 30" circle. All hand drawn turkey heads had 5 - 8+ shot in em. I am pleased! In the 40 MPH wind I called it good for the day and came home. I had to make a ramrod attachment to keep the wads going down straight. Here is a picture. The video says its too large so I will have to have the boy help me there LOL.

So if yer wondering, I'd say for sure try the Skycheif load. AND get some 1F. This made the difference in a pleasant 8 shots and an aching cheek! I will head out again and take a tuna can but the way it tore up the 1/4 inch plywood me and my son are both pretty sure its gonna be am really fun turkey gun!!

Attachments

• image000000 (8).jpg
    image000000 (8).jpg
    190 KB · Views: 79

Latest posts

Back