• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sight Adjustment

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a black permanent marker & blacken the part that is towards you when shooting target.

Personally, I would have the entire Rear of that sight Flat (that is facing the shooter). Then slightly slope the top away from you towards
the muzzle, then angle off & down to the front.

Any time you have an angle on a sight you are looking at, you can incur reflection.

Less reflection & also when hunting, you can take a White-Out pen & put a lil tiny dot at the very top of the flat & see it in low light conditions.

Keith Lisle

Not to get off topic here, but for the front sight...who all prefers a silver blade versus other material?

Thanks for the help posting. :applause: You beat me to it.

I figured I would wait till today so my 'puter nerd friends at work could show me what I did wrong. Well now I post pictures. :slap:

Will file that flat area down tonite. And shoot again next weekend.

you all are the best!!! Thanks

I went back and looked at that picture. If you will notice the glare on the front of the sight. ( the bright streak along the slope).

That little angle right at the tip of the pen causes a similar effect when looking down the sights. A bright "glowing" dot reflected back at the shooter to place in the notch of your rear sight when sighting.

It was difficult to explain but the picture is worth a thousand words. That is the glow of which I spoke in the earlier posts. The design allows you to use the glow to your advantage.

I like a silver blade when I'm shooting at black bull's eye targets, and a black blade when shooting at lighter targets. That said, all my builds have had silver front blades on them. On the range, I just carry a black Sharpie marker in my bag, and darken the back of the blade when I need to. It wipes right off when, since the blade is polished down to 4000 grit paper.

sweed4570 said:
Well thats not PC! :rotf:

Yes it is ! :slap: They been making them since the 60's ! :idunno: So if the rifle was made in the 60's or after, the marker is PC to the rifle :confused: :hmm:
Come to think of it, the markers are older than allot of the guys on here ! :rotf: :rotf:

Keith Lisle

Back