• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shrinking hawk handle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you have not matured by age 50, you don't have to.

true story.

I`ve got 2.5 years to go, but i think i`ll be ok.

eggwelder said:
if you have not matured by age 50, you don't have to.

true story.

I`ve got 2.5 years to go, but i think i`ll be ok.
50?? Somebody told me that magic age was 60! Dang good to hear this! I am in the home stretch with less than a year to my 50th birthday!

50 is pretty cool, at 49 just lie and tell people your 50, be 50 for 2-3 years.
At 50,, you've been there,, when you say "in my experience",, your actually trying to tell people the truth!

kelvin,
For years my friends and I have a treatment. We go to a cheap store (dollar, wally mart, etc) and buy some transmission fluid. Some of the guys use white kerosene. We treat wood handles, ramrods, knives with wood handles (not yet sealed) etc, with it. We soak and treat differently, our own prferences. I have a 4" dia x 4' long pvc tube, capped and sealed on 1 end and thread capped on the other. I put my ramrods and handles and other items into the tube. I stand it up and fill it with white kerosene, and tighten the cap. and leave it stand in the corner of the garage and I'll soak for three to five days. I remove and save the kerosene to use again. Then I'll remove treated items & wipe off excess oil with an old rag and lay the items across several pieces of wood until the smell subsides (a few days). Hang the rag out to dry to avoid fire. This process also puts oil into the wood taking out some brittleness in the ramrods mainly. They have a little flex. If they seem to dry out, retreat.

Latest posts

Back