• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Show me your fowlers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a 30 yard pattern with #5 shot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 76
Firefighter91, yes that is it. do you have other pictures of it? is it store bought or bench/hand made and what are the materials it is made from? if you would, if not I understand. just that it is a rely odd one at least to me. toot.

A wooden slate is a play on words, notice the "slate" no big deal. I tried several different woods, I think that is hickory in the picture, it worked, it made turkey sounds but somewhat muted.

As far as using other turtle shells, I am sure they would work, it is the slate that makes the sound, the shell just supports it.

Toot, I have had that call for about 30 years , it was made by Ted “Pete” Peters. I think the pot is walnut and the striker is a compressed laminated wood. I have called in many turkey with it. Here is a photo of his card.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 65
My 62 cal barn gun. Maple stocked. Tapered 42 inch Colerain barrel. Chambers round faced English lock. Maybe not the prettiest girl at the dance but definitely the most faithful.

Attachments

• FAC534E6-9AE2-47B4-AEFA-A5E63581571D.jpeg
    FAC534E6-9AE2-47B4-AEFA-A5E63581571D.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 102
Love the looks of you guys flintlocks! Beautiful guns! I have priced some flintlocks and they are too expensive for my blood and more than I want to spend on something that doesn't get shot that often. But I do have three fine shooting guns and with bags, horns, etc., etc. I have less invested than the price of one flintlock;

The .50 cal. T/C Renegade kit (top) shown above I bought and built 30 years ago only cost me $170. The .54 cal. T/C Renegade (bottom) is actually my son's though it has been in my possession for several years and he has only shot it once when he stopped by while I was shooting it. Until he says "I need my gun" I'm claiming it.....that's my story and I'm sticking to it. The .50 cal. CVA Kentucky pistol was gifted to me by my uncle.

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with a Renegade!

Toot, I have had that call for about 30 years , it was made by Ted “Pete” Peters. I think the pot is walnut and the striker is a compressed laminated wood. I have called in many turkey with it. Here is a photo of his card.
thank you for getting me the address.

Back