• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Show me your first..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wattsy

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I want to see your pictures of your "first" first deer, squirrel, turkey, elk, alligator, first BP game animal you took a picture of , etc.. Yes, all that you have.

I will post this in non-muzzleloader section also expanded out to ANY "firsts" with any weapon that you have photos of.

I know a lot of you have seen my pictures but I want to see yours even if its again...

1st BP deer

1st buffalo

1st whitetail

Now you... :grin:

Nice pictures. But I have to ask, why are the rest of the buffalos just standing around back there?

Loxahatchee said:
Nice pictures. But I have to ask, why are the rest of the buffalos just standing around back there?

They had just finished attacking the downed one (very impressive display as they literally tossed him about)
This was on a 1600 acre enclosure, buffalo have no natural enemies, and they were certainly less then scared nor impressed with me shooting one.
Also I refer to this as a harvest VS a "hunt" like we would do "fair case" for deer or elk.

Don't have my first, second or 33rd.. :)

Started back in the 70s, never really thought about having pictures taken back then...We hunted for the meat and didn't waste any time getting it butchered for the table...

Things sure have changed through the years...

Thanks Mike..

I understand about no pictures; Ive lost nearly 3 decades of outdoor pursuits and nadda to "show" lucky me I didn't start MLing until after the digital camera and now I have kids to teach...

My photos of game taken with T/C Hawkens are in archives and I'd have to load them back onto Photobucket to post here, but here are some from the recent years with long guns I got to replace the T/C Hawkens:

TVM's .40cal Late Lancaster

112511Christenedthe40calLancaster.jpg

TVM’s .40cal Late Lancaster

103012C007CroppedFullview40calagainsttreeRESIZED25-1.jpg

.50cal Dickert

A00211011150calDickert8Pointer.jpg

TVM's Early Virginia / .54cal Smoothbore ”“ PRB

11091154cal-28gaSmoothboreVirginia8PointerDarker.jpg

TVM's Early Virginia in .58cal

1-68PointRacksROTATEDTOHORIZONTAL.jpg

TVM's .62cal Early Virginia / Smoothbore Shot Load

041412B-OpeningDayTurkeyFull1-1.jpg