• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shot the GPR today.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Dutch Schoultz's method does wipe between shots. That's best with a fairly loose jag and patch. Care must be taken with the size of the jag so the jag and patch glide over the fouling on the way down the barrel and bunch up to pull the powder out. Its a little more trial and error to get the jag diameter and cleaning patch thickness correct.

Hansi's method is also good at the range. The wet patch doesn't have time to allow the damp lube to migrate to the powder as the firearm is fired shortly after loading.

Currently -11 here. And if you'd like to see some snow I could mail you a truckload. Tonight will be -18 with -35 windchill. Managed to shoot 4 shots today out of gun I'm fixing, but only because I was dying to find out if it shoots now. It does.

My great plains is my best shooting gun, by the way. 9-10 shots without swabbing sounds about right. And she'll still ring gongs long after. It just gets hard to shove balls into her eventually (palm saver helps).

Hey, i've noticed that on about 7-10 of shots, my balls seat below the loading notch on my ramrod (yes I have two notches). It's as if is some fowling gets shoved down there each time you load. Lately I've been thinking of bringing along my breech scraper for when I clean for another round of balls.

Great shooting.
Don’t ship snow via USPS.....dangerous goods....icecicles.....snow balls....avalanches! So much for global warming

Back