• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shot Card Magazine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bacarper

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello All,

I wanted to share the Shot Card magazine I built not too long ago in hopes it might inspire others like those on here that have inspired me. I wish I could find the original post/member that sparked the idea for me and if I can find the post I'll come back and add a link.

More or less, this is just a dumbed down change dispenser (like the ones sonic waitresses used to wear) but instead it allows me to stack my shot cards in sequence of how I load my Pedersoli SxS. The construction is just .875 copper pipe that's been capped on one end. The other end is a cap, but it's been modified to retain the shot cards while still allowing access for my thumb to grab the top card. The cards are held under tension by a spring allowing only one to come out a time. The end that's removable is held on by two pins silver soldered to the magazine tube, and notched on the cap side to lock out when twisted.

It's pretty dang handy and made a noticeable difference in loading during last years dove and quail season.
Magazine 1.JPG

Magazine 2.JPG

Magazine 3.JPG

Now that's unique , a card wad dispenser. Obviously , way above my pay grade. Back when I used to hunt small game w/a m/l sbs 12 ga. , and also a 10 ga. , just used to keep loose wads in my shot pouch. In the late 1970's , ya didn't see too many hunters using Black Powder shotguns out there. Nobody to ask questions to , except the occasional magazine article , and the back pages of the Dixie Gun Catalog. Again.....very unique

Love it! So handy and clever - I'd love that for 20GA too. Your execution of the design is perfect! 👌
Possible suggestion: it might load even slicker if the base was removable and had the spring attached to it with solder/epoxy, that way wads could go into the bottom of the tube without fighting spring preload.

Hello All,

I wanted to share the Shot Card magazine I built not too long ago in hopes it might inspire others like those on here that have inspired me. I wish I could find the original post/member that sparked the idea for me and if I can find the post I'll come back and add a link.

More or less, this is just a dumbed down change dispenser (like the ones sonic waitresses used to wear) but instead it allows me to stack my shot cards in sequence of how I load my Pedersoli SxS. The construction is just .875 copper pipe that's been capped on one end. The other end is a cap, but it's been modified to retain the shot cards while still allowing access for my thumb to grab the top card. The cards are held under tension by a spring allowing only one to come out a time. The end that's removable is held on by two pins silver soldered to the magazine tube, and notched on the cap side to lock out when twisted.

It's pretty dang handy and made a noticeable difference in loading during last years dove and quail season.
View attachment 235694
View attachment 235695
View attachment 235696
This ranks right up there with laces on boots, pockets on shirts, sliced bread and a few other things of a similar nature. Black powder shooters have needed this!

Hello All,

View attachment 235694
View attachment 235695
View attachment 235696
Really cool and clever!

Latest posts

Back