• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Short barreled Longrifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Cowboy.
I would send photos, but unfortunately, I'm in England and the rifle is in USA.
All I can say at the moment, is it's short barrelled,full stock flinters,in 50 cal I believe. It's in
Need of a rear sight and it's in the White. It was given to be by a Widowmakerno longer with us. He was almost blind but a good maker. It'll need a little bit of finishing, but as I say,it will be under your top line.
Regards
Simon

I used to live in Indiana. That is muzzleloader country. :thumbsup: You could probably carry, hug, kiss and caress your new rifle all the way through Indiana. But, when you get to Illinois, it may be a whole new ball game. :idunno: They may not understand and may have a problem with public displays of G.A.S. (Gun Affection Syndrome) :rotf:

Billnpatti said:
I used to live in Indiana. That is muzzleloader country. :thumbsup: You could probably carry, hug, kiss and caress your new rifle all the way through Indiana. But, when you get to Illinois, it may be a whole new ball game. :idunno: They may not understand and may have a problem with public displays of G.A.S. (Gun Affection Syndrome) :rotf:

They call it Friendship for a reason! :metoo:

I have a short .50 cal. rifle here. 26" green mt. bbl., dark curly maple wood, L&R left hand lock.
I got this gun in an estate sale, it was put together but not finished. I completed it, shoots very well, it has a crack in front of lock plate, nothing that would effect firing. $600.00 to your door 48 states.....Take a look & email or PM if interested...Tom

click to see more...

Tom Knight said:
I have a short .50 cal. rifle here. 26" green mt. bbl., dark curly maple wood, L&R left hand lock.
I got this gun in an estate sale, it was put together but not finished. I completed it, shoots very well, it has a crack in front of lock plate, nothing that would effect firing. $600.00 to your door 48 states.....Take a look & email or PM if interested...Tom

click to see more...
That looks like a muzzleloader that would fit the bill in what I am looking for.
.1 short barrel
.2 left handed
.3 50 Caliber
.4 within my budbet

I do have a couple of questions that I would like to ask?
1. Condition of the bore? and twist rate?
2. Small crack in stock in lockplate area? Has it been professionally repaired?
3. Would also love to see pictures of the lock inside the rifle and outside the rifle.
4. Any rust or pitting issues on the entire gun?

Would love it if you could reply to the questions listed above and PM me more about it. It would be a serious consideration. The price sounds good. Will have to confer with Jethro and wait for your information.

I really appreciate your post. It is indeed a very interesting rifle. Hope we can discuss it in more detail in the very near future!

Thankyou, Respectfully, Cowboy :thumbsup:

I should have mentioned it in my first reply but didn't think of it. Tip Curtis did a very nice left handed flint with a 13" pull, 38" swamped .45 caliber barrel in the white for my wife. The initial price was quite reasonable but then we upgraded the wood, added the finishing materials and then I went back and added a wooden patch box for a name day (that's a Polish thing, she gets 2 birthday presents a year and I only get one) gift. Even with all that it was a great deal and not difficult to finish either. She polished, stained and browned it all by herself and the only thing she had attempted before was striping and oiling the grips on her Uberti Remington.

The point is that Tip will make you anything you want and it doesn't take long either.

Very nice and a great price. Being left handed too, I know how hard it is to come across what we really want. Are you still going to take the trip to friendship, I think it would be a blast to attend that.

Dean2 said:
Are you still going to take the trip to friendship, I think it would be a blast to attend that.
Yes! Most definitely.

I wouldn't miss it for the world! I hope to meet some of our members in person. Will also have one of our best to show me around!

I'm counting the days! :grin:

Respectfully, Cowboy :thumbsup:

I would have guessed that barrel to be longer than 26". Regardless, it appears that you'll have a fine shooter there. Get some good flints and make some smoke! :thumbsup:

All Right!! :thumbsup: That's one nice looking rifle, with a proper lock!

You have gotten so much knowledge from the Forum since becoming a member, and now you have a very special flintlock rifle with which to put that knowledge to use. I am happy for you, my friend. :hatsoff:

Richard/Grumpa,

Ferrell, that flintlock is beautiful!! making me what one, And you are a top notch fella yourself having answered any question ive had and those awesome roundballs. we will be talking soon!!!

That rifle is really very well put together. Glad you got it. I also need a shorter and lighter rifle for a likely (means if I draw a permit) antelope hunt this fall, and I like .50. I have a .50 32" Rice Jaeger barrel but didn't care for the English sporting rifle I built with a twin .54 barrel, so I am working on figuring out what to build, will make it flintlock. I can carry my .58 halfstock flint plains rifle or my .54 Bridger Hawken on my elk hunt (need the heavier ball for elk per game regulations). I can't shoot those heavy rifles off hand in matches, thus the need for a lighter rifle. Anyway, I think your rifle is very well done.

Latest posts

Back