• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shooting my Tryon Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I gave my brother a percussion rifle years ago that I had purchased. It is a Pedersoli Tryon Rifle. Got it back from him as he has never shot it.
fired a few shots on his visit, but nothing like testing sights, just plinking.
Got to the range the other day, little time, but got 5 shots at 25 yds from a rest. The gun shoots much better than I can.
not great due to me, but I’m happy with it.

Attachments

• IMG_0115.jpeg
    IMG_0115.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
One of the guys who competed in a monthly shoot I used attend shot a Pedersoli Tryon .50. As I recall he shot it fairly well. I'm trying to remember if he was the same person who, virtually every match, ended up with someone else having shot his target. Whoever it was must not have been as good a shot as he was, every errant shot that hit his target was a low score. 😆

Anyway, his shenanigans aside, it was a pretty interesting gun.

Last edited:
It's a good gun.
It's All about the fit, they're slow twist IIRC. A friend of mine that shoot's GPR, (a top shooter he is and stiff competition) bought one a few years back. For Him, it didn't work as well as his GPR an he sold it.
Seein's how neither his GPR, or that Tyron fit me, I just figured he didn't wanna take time ta learn it.

There good guns. Mine has always been a shooter. Been thinking about boring it out tho. Nothing wrong with it, just never had much use for a.50

Latest posts

Back