• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shipping a Ruger old army to Washington state?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are not breaking any laws. You might be breaking regulations… The Goldwater Institute has been working on this very issue for some time. It is the most common way for the do-gooders to limit others freedom.

https://www.goldwaterinstitute.org/policy-report/administrative-state-blueprint/
Thanks for the link, that was well worth the read.

SCOTUS recently accepted cases that might further restrict or do away entirely with Chevron deference. I hope.

Getting rid of Chevron deference will help, but won't stop the latest tool of the statists referred to above. As we saw in the Twitter Files, administrations in both parties and federal agencies have no qualms about using companies and non-government organizations as state agents to do things they can't do.

The FBI can't stop you, me, or the Goldwater Institute from writing an article on the threat of the administrative state. So, they have Facebook, YouTube, Twitter (before the Musk takeover), and other media (and social media) companies block links to our articles, in effect censoring us. That's a blatant violation of our first amendment rights because, we now know, they were using these private companies as state agents.

They haven't stopped. They're still fighting in court to keep using pressure to get non-governmental organizations to impose rules the legislature never passed.

...and here we get back to the USPS. When they prefer, they're a private company. They exempt themselves from a plethora of oversight and freedom of information laws. However, they are a government entity when it benefits them. Who wouldn't love to have the IRS act as their collection agent, as the IRS does for the USPS?

According to their regs they say antique pistols aren’t firearms and then turn around and in another reg say they are… I’m told that the supreme court’s looking into this business of giving unelected officials the power to write regulations which have the force of law even though congress has not been involved in the process other than to tell the agencies that they need to regulate such and so. In fact, an agency could find you’ve violated a rule and you would not have a right to a jury trial nor the right to produce evidence in support of your position… the judge in the case has that discretion and he’s hand picked by the offended agency. This in America.
You will ALWAYS violate a rule, if the rulers decide that you have, and decide to prosecute you for said violation. There is no lack of rules. There is no lack of eager prosecutors. This is America, don't you know?

Now, did you volunteer WHAT was in the parcel? Or don’t ask, don’t tell?New post office policy is not to ship ANY firearm THEY consider concealable. I’m sure it’s done a lot, and they are not looking for it. But the day may come when the full force of the feds will come down on some misguided people. I’ve went as far as I can up the chain, same thing “ We can’t ship any concealable firearms, modern or antique. You can risk it- I won’t- good luck to you.
Respectfully SS, that is flat wrong. I have shipped c&b pistols via USPS without any hassle. I put them in a USPS flat rate priority box, print label with 'click and ship', put on front porch where the mule rider picks up and sends to recipient. No laws are being broken.

My friend’s wife works for the post office. They are working on x ray machines for every major hub , that’s what she was told- I don’t know if that’s true or propaganda….

That's was a new one for me .

Live in Washington.
Every BP firearm I have bought through a dealer has come to my front door. Taylor, Midway, and whatever company I bought my blunderbuss from, I forget, all sent direct to me. So if the big guys can do it, why can't you?
I honestly think that is the defining factor- a company or business can send you a muzzleloading handgun, replica or antique- but individuals can’t send them to each other. This is all a mess. Whatever will these politicians dream up next!

Now, did you volunteer WHAT was in the parcel? Or don’t ask, don’t tell?New post office policy is not to ship ANY firearm THEY consider concealable. I’m sure it’s done a lot, and they are not looking for it. But the day may come when the full force of the feds will come down on some misguided people. I’ve went as far as I can up the chain, same thing “ We can’t ship any concealable firearms, modern or antique. You can risk it- I won’t- good luck to you.
And again, they won’t be able to charge anyone wi a violation of LAW, because no laws were written to cover this issue. Regulations are not the same as laws although the regulators hope that people will just accept the new yoke placed upon their necks and treat them as laws. The Marxists count on this.

Respectfully SS, that is flat wrong. I have shipped c&b pistols via USPS without any hassle. I put them in a USPS flat rate priority box, print label with 'click and ship', put on front porch where the mule rider picks up and sends to recipient. No laws are being broken.
It is a relatively recent change. If it is concealable, they won't ship it, regardless of antique or not.

And again, they won’t be able to charge anyone wi a violation of LAW, because no laws were written to cover this issue. Regulations are not the same as laws although the regulators hope that people will just accept the new yoke placed upon their necks and treat them as laws. The Marxists count on this.
Are you sure?

I am no lawyer, but whereas violating a rule at FedEx or UPS just puts you on their naughty list, isn't violating a postal regulation a violation of federal law? I know if one commits a crime and uses the US mail for sending a fraudulent bill or furthering the crime, that is a violation of federal law. USPS also has certain rules where they can assess penalties, up to thousands of dollars.

To be clear, I think shipping cap & ball revolvers through the US mail is allowed (and should be). They are not concealable by any stretch of the imagination. Given the USPS hasn't defined 'concealable,' I think USPS is on very shaky ground.

However, I think this is another example where the USPS plays this game where they are part of the federal government when it benefits them or gives them an advantage, and not part of the federal government all the other times. In this case, I don't think they followed the proposed rule administrative practices act when they created this asinine rule and redefined handgun.

Regardless, you're 100% spot on about how the administrative state, including the USPS, encroach on our rights without adequate statutory authority.

I live in The People's Republic of Washington and have purchased a couple new Black Powder revolvers in the past year or so, and they were shipped directly to me with no FFL. I don't recall the shipper.

many if not all states, or maybe the feds now consider this [roa] a firearm because it easily converts to centerfire check it out. also it is not pre 1898 and is not a reproduction of anything made prior to that ;) . armchair layers cant help you if you get locked up o_O

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back