• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shipping a Muzzleloader?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You fellas are so good it is unreal. Why I love you since you are civil. I am cussed at with every post on a few sites it is crazy. I really mean cussing. Even the "F" word.
Nothing any of you say disturbs me. One site never responds to me as I am on the ignore list so I have 1000 posts never acknowledged.
Be kind and get the answers first.

Yep, tolerance and gentlemanly conduct costs nothing, but is a measure of ones strength of character and personal ethos.

Here's another train wreck of a thread.
How is it you guys on here can discuss how to ship a muzzleloader once a week and still can't get it right?
So many Myths, fairy tales and bs

I just printed label using shipping easy, To many answers on here that are old info. For handguns I am meeting my brother and handing them over rather than ship..

Here's another train wreck of a thread.
How is it you guys on here can discuss how to ship a muzzleloader once a week and still can't get it right?
So many Myths, fairy tales and bs

I'm in Australia, looking at having a good quality FL ML rifle shipped from Charleston SC over to Australia (no problem for it arriving at this end), whats your advice please ?

Muzzle Loaders through the USPS is totally legal, The questions asked apply to modern firearms and ammunition. Any reproduction of an 1898 or earlier the gun laws do not apply.cartridge guns are an exception So do worry about a lie, I would make sure that the item is well covered, as well the post office is like any other place has dishonest people.

Muzzleloading LONG guns are ok to ship USPS. The regulations changed for handguns. They make NO exceptions for antique, or reproductions, being shipped from individual to individual. I believe a business can send you one, but that’s it. You could probably get away with it, but who wants to be a test case? Not me!

I have acquired two BP rifles. I will be selling one of them soon. I am trying to figure out what I am allowed to do legally? Meaning can I ship a TC Hawken using USPS or UPS? If so do I have to inform USPS or UPS that it is a firearm? I am guessing that I will remove the barrel and wrap it in bubble wrap but same container.
Also does Paypal allow payment transactions for BP rifles?

What have some of you done to ship?
Thanks
Rick
I will warn you up front, there will be no single correct answer.
Changes in Federal Law, shipping company’s policies, and local interpretation ( some of it incorrect ) all contribute to no cut and dried consensus as to a 100% legal way to ship BP guns.

Today, I would not have a gun shipped USPS. I bought a gun from a member here, and it 2 months to arrive! I have had other mail take VERY long times. I am currently waiting on a special wrench that has been sitting somewhere for 2 weeks.

I suggest making a wooden box. Make internal dividers that trap the gun from moving. Secure the lid with screws. This is how Jim Kibler does it. He clearly knows the best way to optimize the chance of successful arrival.

Pack it as though it will be run over by a truck or forklift, it probably will. It will be tossed onto concrete and pushed around in a pile of other packages. Fragile labels are ignored at best and seen as a challenge to some.

I would never consider using any cardboard box for a gun. I have had things arrive mutilated. I had had barrels sticking out of the box with a packing tape repair. I have had a very valuable collector airgun arrive with part of it having poked out of the box and damaged. That one was particularly vexing because I packaged it right for the trip out, the repair guy packaged it poorly for the way back. He never acknowledged my email.

Latest posts

Back