• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shipping a Hawken?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know or have a link to a shipping box that fits a traditions Hawken? I know shipping has gone up and was curious if anyone knows of a box that will hold the stock and barrel in takedown form. Thanks.

U-Line has heavy duty boxes that are perfect for shipping rifles.

Attachments

• IMG_2679.JPG
    IMG_2679.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Lots of your pack and ship places will have boxes for golf clubs, if you need to buy one that's a good candidate. The last ML I bought through the mail came in a Kel Tec or High Point box of some kind, most gun boxes work fine. I strongly recommend you reinforce with a board or two boards to prevent the stock from getting broken when it's treated the way it will undoubtedly get treated. 2x4 on edge top and bottom of the stock work great. Heavy cardboard tube is also a great choice, if you can find one big enough, those I don't worry about boards or reinforcement as the tube is plenty strong for anything short of being run over probably.

Back