• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sex in Muzzle Loading Terminology?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first ML competition was at the NSSA. I was shooting individuals and a fierce looking Abraham Lincoln aka Joe Liech was my line judge. He stared right at me and said "Don't thumb your balls and stroke your rod" Thanks Joe.

Last edited:
Wife is already cackling about ML terminology. Cock, half-cock, full cock, of course Ramrod, ball, patching a ball, ball size, lube in a variety of kinds - Bore butter, toilet bowl cleaner, "one hole" patterns, strippers, -- got any more?

Any of your wives and "significant others" also laughing? Keep it clean, please! Family forum, here.
Touch hole

When at IU some of the skeet shooters among us had bumper stickers that read: "Skeet shooters do it better. Twenty five times in eight positions" Some humor is universal I guess.

Wife is already cackling about ML terminology. Cock, half-cock, full cock, of course Ramrod, ball, patching a ball, ball size, lube in a variety of kinds - Bore butter, toilet bowl cleaner, "one hole" patterns, strippers, -- got any more?

Any of your wives and "significant others" also laughing? Keep it clean, please! Family forum, here.
I'm also member of a Norwegian ML forum, in those parts they are referred to as mouth loaders 🤣
I do puff down the bore between shots but never with any sexual intent.
It does require balls to shoot muzzleloaders :ThankYou:

It’s called lasciviousness.

I’m all for a good joke from time to time but if you don’t watch it, it can take over your vocabulary, and the way you think and talk.

It can get really old really quick and make a person seem kind of creepy and sleazy.

It’s no fun listening to someone when everything, and I mean everything, is a dirty joke. Just about every statement has some kind of innuendo. Kids women around??? It don’t matter, they don’t notice. They do it so much they don’t realize it.

If you think about where the term "breech" comes from it gives another reason for "certain articles" to be unmentionable.

I’m all for a good joke from time to time but if you don’t watch it, it can take over your vocabulary, and the way you think and talk.

It can get really old really quick and make a person seem kind of creepy and sleazy.

It’s no fun listening to someone when everything, and I mean everything, is a dirty joke. Just about every statement has some kind of innuendo. Kids women around??? It don’t matter, they don’t notice. They do it so much they don’t realize it.
I had just been married a few months and had instant family as my wife came with an eight and fourteen yeas old.
The eight year old got in trouble for putting a swear word on his computer and sent it to another kid in class,
Not knowing the teacher could see everything the kids put on thier computers
Well a few days later I went to my first parent teacher conference, and she brought up that incident.
My answer right off was ‘I don’t know where that little s…o…b… picks up that language
Said with a straight face that I held for nearly a minute before I laughed
Teacher mean time looked shocked, my wife elbows me in the ribs and said ‘Baby!’
Only then did the teacher figure out it was a joke….. she was not amused
I still think it was pretty funny

I’m shocked- shocked I tell you! I would never stoop to using such language! It’s the downfall of humanity I tell you!! 😇

I think, for me anyway, it has/had to do with serving in the military and being deployed. Most of us seem to develop a VERY dark sense of humor that takes years to get under control once out, it never goes away you just learn to "not do that". I do agree with the statement it gets old and seems creepy when done all the time, but it can be a real struggle for some to "switch it off" especially if just recently separated because that was your life for your entire deployment.

I think, for me anyway, it has/had to do with serving in the military and being deployed. Most of us seem to develop a VERY dark sense of humor that takes years to get under control once out, it never goes away you just learn to "not do that". I do agree with the statement it gets old and seems creepy when done all the time, but it can be a real struggle for some to "switch it off" especially if just recently separated because that was your life for your entire deployment.
Agreed. I have no military experience, but I'm in a field where dark humor is often used to not deal with issues that would turn most people into a sobbing wreck.
And I also agree with @54ball that it's annoying when people don't know when to turn it off. When everything that comes out of someone's mouth is a dirty joke, it gets old and it gets old pretty quickly.

But I admit to having juvenile moments.
It's a matter of knowing when something is appropriate and when it's not. Some things are fine on the golf course with your buddies that isn't fine in an everyday social situation. Locker room talk is just that, for the locker room. It's called growing up and being mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back