• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

set trigger for Lyman Trade rifle.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is nothing after market that will just "drop-in".
You can get the double triggers and the trigger guard, but knew inletting is/will be required.

I love the double set consept. Not set its a long heavy pull. Good for hunting with cold fingers and surprise shots. But set you get a target type hair trigger. Great for shooting from the bench or a long range precision shot.
I'd get a good double set trigger. : )

Not a drop in for the Trade rifle but I just installed the Davis Deerslayer set trigger in my GPR vast improvement over the original trigger. You could probably inlet this trigger and a double trigger guard with just a little work.

Good point by Twister, That Deer Slayer is a sweet trigger.
The deal is you should try that one or a double trigger from an Investarms, Lyman, Cabelas model as well as the TG from the same models.
They are all nearly 1/2" wide like the trigger you have.
A single set trigger will be hard to find for that wide an existing mortise, and unless your use too a single set, they have a funny "bounce" when they're used that takes some getting adjusted too.

Before you make an investment in any set triggers be sure that your lock is equipped with a fly.

A while back I had my eye on a Trade Rifle. I was also looking into single set triggers.

RE Davis makes one for under $40:
http://www.redaviscompany.com/0003.html

This trigger is 3/8" wide, and it's a simple matter to glue in light shim wood (or even brass would look nice for either in-the-white or blued trigger body).

It would make a lot more sense than using the longer double set design and having to install a longer trigger guard. More work and from what I can tell would look awkward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back