• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman percussion locks?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Question for ya. I have a Lyman Deerstalker Stock and I'm in need of a lock and trigger. Are all the Lyman percussion locks the same dimension? Would say a trade rifle lock fit my Deerstaler stock? Triggers same question. Thanks.

I have a Lyman trade rifle and a Deerstalker and they look similar, but I also have the manuals to both and they show the same part number for the lock on the trade/Great Plains/deerstalker and the same goes for the trigger assembly

FYI....the L&R lock requires considerable work to make fit, both for outside dimensions and depth. NOT a drop in .
Yeah, I should have mentioned that. I contacted them to see if these would fit a Pedersoli built GPR. They won't and the rep I spoke to went further with the description you just gave about needing to fit them even on a rifle they are intended for.

I’m about to start inletting a replacement L&R for on old model GPR. I contacted L&R and asked for schematics, which they sent along with the comment that if I ran into an issue, to feel free to give them a call. FYI, I bought the lock for a GPR that I had to sell about 15 years ago. Rather pleased when I found it in my tub of builders stuff. Left is L&R, right is original.

Attachments

• IMG_4467.jpeg
    IMG_4467.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4466.jpeg
    IMG_4466.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back