• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

second flintlock doe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chance

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I went out hunting last Thur. afternoon. I was hunting on a hardwood hilltop. I was in my stand and heard a deer coming up the holler. I stood up and it was three does. Two medium and one large doe. The large doe caught my movement and froze about thirty yds away. The smaller ones came right under my stand. I heard more deer coming behind me so I looked and saw a huge doe standing in the middle of a little fourwheller path. I spun around and took the shot. She was 70 yds away and she took off after the shot. I thought I had missed her but I got down and went to where she was standing. I saw no blood so I started to get down. 70 yds was pushing my shooting ability. I then started down the trail where she ran and I noticed what I thought was a grey log. I walked up and there she laid. She was double lunged. I was so excited. I have killed alot of deer but this was only my second flintlock deer. She will make alot of good stews. She field dressed 102lbs.

111211.jpg

111211005.jpg

Congrats! and Nice shot!...Willing to bet it felt as good as the first!
Love the pic's and story..Enjoy the back straps.

She is a 50cal. made by a friend of mine David Rhea. She has a Greenmountain barrel. Her Name is Dixie Darling.

Nice!! Good eatin', too!
"Ain't nothin' better than carrying a BEAUTIFUL long rifle into the woods"!

Back