• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sear Spring on the Blue Ridge Long Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I inherited this rifle sometime back, Pedersoli Frontier, AKA the Cabelas Blue Ridge long rifle. My friend loved ultra-light triggers and modified the sear spring with a part of a hair clip. It works for what his intention was, but I cannot say it is exactly safe. On occasion the hammer has slipped out of cock, and that ain't good. Anyone have spares of these sear springs, or a reasonable source to pick one up at?

Sear Spring Assembly.jpg

Also try www.vtigunparts.com and look at the Pedersoli Kentucky rifle parts...sear spring is 4.00 on there.

I wish, it is $21.00 for the sear spring. The sear screw is $4.00. Same spring on the Frontier and Kentucky models. I just 'chatted' with Elsa at D. Pedersoli. They sell them for $11.86, but a minimum of $44.00 needs spent for an order. I'll see if there are any other items I need from them, but then there will be shipping from Italy. Maybe VTI will be reasonable in the long run.
Thanks

Try below, he does the warranty work foe Pedersoli:

LEE SHAVER GUNSMITH

404 E 17th St,
Lamar, Missouri, United States 417 682 3330

Or call Taylor's and ask for the gun smith.

use a safety pin! even comes with a handy built in eye for securing it under the screw..
the legs can be bent to bring the right tension and various weights of wire can be found.

use what works! It'll get you there until you find a replacement or make one.

Respect Always
Metalshaper

use a safety pin! even comes with a handy built in eye for securing it under the screw..
the legs can be bent to bring the right tension and various weights of wire can be found.

use what works! It'll get you there until you find a replacement or make one.

Respect Always
Metalshaper

I like the way you think, Metalshaper. my brother is a metal man and I plan on leaning on him to come up with some thin spring steel or stainless to take care of this task, if necessary. It isn't a difficult job, but it has been irritating the back of my mind for quite some time and now is the time to get it done.
Thanks

I have had good results making sear springs out of the metal banding used on pallets. It can be worked cold and shaped with a good sharp file. I use a large nail to "wrap" the banding around with a pair of channel locks to get the curved section. It takes a little practice to get them right , but the material is CHEAP , so a few learning mistakes are acceptable.

light industrial metal cutting band saw blades, work if you are careful enough forming them. The eye can be tricky,, form it first using a
pair of locking pliers as a heat sink for the rest of it. ( if you go the heating route ) the rest can be manipulated cold. Even used a heavier one
to form the mainspring for an underhammer lock I built.. Works but I should have gone with the heavier band thickness? 🤔

Respect Always
Metalshaper/Jonathan

Attachments

• Brass Box Lock.jpg
    Brass Box Lock.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 21
Back