• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Schuetzen cap drilled for spout?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Perhaps a stupid question, but any reason why I can’t drill the plastic cap on Schuetzen powder to take the spout from my used up Swiss powder can? image.jpg

Thanks. I have 2 pounds of Schuetzen 3F I might as well try before digging in to my Goex stash. My Kibler SMR shoots well with the Swiss I just finished but I’ll try this to see if it’s good. Worst case the Schuetzen can be used in my various revolvers but I’m sure it will be ok.

As stated the shoe glue will help seal and keep it in place, It is not easy to find a glue that works with plastic. I have found shoe glue to be very helpful on both plastic and leather it remains flexible on leather.

I recently put a spout on the plastic cap of a Goex can. I carefully drilled an undersize hole and press fit the brass spout - made from a cartridge case. The paper cap disk was removed and a corresponding hole punched in it. I then put some epoxy inside the caps top and put the paper disk back in. It's all a very tight fit and works well.

Latest posts

Back