• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Screw on pour spout for Schuetzen plastic bottles?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Hawkeye

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently acquired several pounds of Schuetzen Black Powder & am trying to locate a pour spout that screws on to the bottle like the ones I use on the Goex plastic bottles. Will the old metal Goex metal spout caps match the Schuetzen cap diameter & thread, as I see those available, or can anyone recommend a source for the Schuetzen pour spouts? Thanks!

Make your own by cutting any squeeze bottle top out to fit inside the cap on the Schuetzen container. Drill a hole in the Schuetzen cap big enough to accommodate the nozzle. More than likely someone will post a picture to illustrate this. This has been discussed a lot since Goex switched from metal to plastic. You can buy cheap squeeze bottles at the $ store.

I recently acquired several pounds of Schuetzen Black Powder & am trying to locate a pour spout that screws on to the bottle like the ones I use on the Goex plastic bottles. Will the old metal Goex metal spout caps match the Schuetzen cap diameter & thread, as I see those available, or can anyone recommend a source for the Schuetzen pour spouts? Thanks!
I used a tire stem, removed the valve from inside and installed it on a cap.

Attachments

• 20220509_152205.jpg
    20220509_152205.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 27
What about those plastic bottles you can buy for mustard or ketchup the red and yello,at the dollar store, the screw cap looks about the same size as the powder bottle opening and you can cut the nozzle down to get the correct flow they even come with attached lids for on the spout.

What about those plastic bottles you can buy for mustard or ketchup the red and yello,at the dollar store, the screw cap looks about the same size as the powder bottle opening and you can cut the nozzle down to get the correct flow they even come with attached lids for on the spout.
I like it! So easy a caveman could do it! I could even color code them for 2f or 3f.

That "Yankee" be from Louisiana. I ordered a brass spout made for a powder horn with a stopper from TOTW that I can glue into the plastic cap, but I think I'll make one from the tire stem as well & see what I like best. Lots of ingenuity here!!!
Cajun, but I can't claim ownership of that idea. I seen it somewhere else. I tried it and liked it and wanted to pass it on. I also reamed it out some with a drill bit to increase flow. Happy shooting.

I like it! So easy a caveman could do it! I could even color code them for 2f or 3f.

Just don’t get them mixed up at a pic-a-nic. I was at one time interested in finding suitable spouts for these bottles as well. But it turns out I prefer the old school methods of dispensing from a horn or flask into a measure when shooting. I pour from the bottles into the flask/horn through a funnel so ended up not really needing a spout on the bottle. Might be handy to have a nice bottle spout though.

Make sure the threads will work, this is just something I thought about while reading your post, I use a horn and measure at the range just as I load and shoot from the bag feel it hones my loading skills during hunting. As to the caveman thing I know there is at least one poster on the site that would more than likley agree to that. 😁

One day at the range , I witnessed an Open and accidentally unplugged powder container left on a loading bench to ignite. Wasn't much powder in it , but enough to make quite a poof and fire ball. Think the guy was smoking and not firing a shot , so the damage was minimal. Whole bunch of scorched stuff. A lid on the container would have avoided this disaster.

I use a tubular brass powder flask that has a push button valve. I fill it from the plastic bottle before I go shooting and use that to dispense my powder. It it always closed until I push the button to open it. I have several, they are not very expensive. I just put a piece of masking tape on it to label it with a sharpie. Very handy. I like to leave my main powder cans at home.

I use a tubular brass powder flask that has a push button valve. I fill it from the plastic bottle before I go shooting and use that to dispense my powder. It it always closed until I push the button to open it. I have several, they are not very expensive. I just put a piece of masking tape on it to label it with a sharpie. Very handy. I like to leave my main powder cans at home.
That what I do also. I'm to clumsy to have one pound containers out in the open, just asking for a spill.

drill an appropriate size hole to accept a .223 brass with te end drillred out or cut off.
Push the brass thru the hole in the lid unyil it jams. All done!

Is the Schuetzen powder you got in metal or plastic, you mention both. On Dixie Gun Works website, search “spouts” bottom of page 2. I pour powder in used spouted cans and label accordingly.

Back