• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

scale attillery beware

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

45 Cal.
Reaction score
guy took my money made a custom barrel and then things fel apart at shipping
i just warning all about this company
Austin the owner said he would refund my money 3 weeks ago
Grey bread forums DD affraid of my posting this warning and about the deal gone south by the vendors doings
I been trying to reach him by phone number he gave me and emails past two weeks with no response i wont go into details but if you want to know PM me and i tell you or i post if asked but beware
I'm in no way asking for boards help just saying be careful as he is hard to deal with and wont refund ones money or send the product barrel been completed and ready to ship now for over a month

Lay a formal complaint in his local municipality & police dept.
Asking for a fraud & theft charge.
You may not get your money back, but you will cause him a lot of grief.
At a guilty plea you can request restitution, if your claim is valid, many courts will award it.
But you must ask for it.
Remember the court is not your collection agency!
Old Ford

Thanks old ford yes i been intouch tothe local AG's offfice and i sent formal request and start there
I basicly jsut warning folks of this guy and his business practices nothing more coz i gotton the run around and feel it should be public knowledge so no one else will get burned

If you did any part of the transaction thru the mail contact your post office and have the postal inspector shut down his mail service. This may get his attention.

Thanks,
Foster From Flint

long story short earlier this year had scale artilary make me a barrel
theysaid it be shipped by end of june due to lots of issue at there end they claimed it shipped august
UPS would not pick it up due to exsposive lable's they put on box coz the guy said 50lbs of steel is fragile or will get broken on the box to this day they will not resend barrel nor refund me
im in the process now to file claims with the AG office in his area

buzz said:
long story short earlier this year had scale artilary make me a barrel
theysaid it be shipped by end of june due to lots of issue at there end they claimed it shipped august
UPS would not pick it up due to exsposive lable's they put on box coz the guy said 50lbs of steel is fragile or will get broken on the box to this day they will not resend barrel nor refund me
im in the process now to file claims with the AG office in his area

Something is missing in that story. A barrel is a hunk of steel (iron), nothing more. It cannot explode and the label should not have been put on the package. The barrel maker is a professional in the business. I'm sure this was not his first order ever. It could/should just be reshipped without the explosive label.

Perhaps he used a recycled box that had an explosives label on it. Perhaps UPS wouldn't accept it because t wasn't adequately packaged. No problems there, just repackage it.

"Something is missing in that story." Agreed.

yeah what missing is?? you guessed it my barrel or a ful refund witch by now is my prefered choice
the guy at scale artillery said he affixed those lables to the box so it would not get damaged in transit but its been a month how much long should one wait for it to be repackaged and shipped
At this time i have requested a full refund witch he has agreed to but neither has shown up either seems this guy has spent his earnings befor he earned them?? but i keep all posted as the AG office has been contacted and other aventues are being pursued
i dont want to start a winey thread just a friendly warning

Buzz,

I understand your wanting to get this resolved the fellow in question can put our a nice product...he has had many personal problems including his x kidnaping his son.... he was trying hard to rebuild his company in the past year and from the sounds of it he has let personal problems take first place over business... the best thing to do in this case is send a letter registered mail requesting a refund or that both local and federal agencies will be getting involved.... as was suggested the postal inspector is the first to talk to. this thread really is not productive other than you get to vent.... which you were not allowed to do on the other cannon forum..... as was noted on the other forum other people had some issues getting things from him and that he did make amends but being on the other board and reading these threads should have given you some idea there may be problems with delivery so it was your choice to do business with him.... at this point why don't you do what has been suggested and let us know the end result. just so you know I do not know this man personally and have not bought anything from him.... so no I am not sticking up for him but this is an issue only you and he can solve.....

Yes this realty doesn't belong here.

I am working with Buzz on this over on GBO Cannons. He has valid complaint, it's just his delivery is a bit off base.

I never thought these internet hatchet jobs were very useful, as you only hear half the story. You go around the internet flaming a guy without them having an opportunity to tell their side---just not right.

yes modys can move this but those interested in a cannon barrel supplier will not be reading that forum this is the place to put up a warning about this guy
I just found out via another board "GBO" on cannons a fellow forum member there said he bought the same barrel in the last few weeks as i had and Austin never shipped that one either so the plot thinkens
i think most folks are understanding of personal/family issues can be accepted and understood if one would exsplain about it seems Austin at scale artillery wont answer his phone nor reply to any post or PM's folks have sent his way

Hello You All
Now here's the rest of the story that should be told in full.

1) Buzz got his refund in full a month ago. In which he fails to post here :td:
2) My mistake of putting the Explosive label was mistake !

Now for the details. I had sold Bob the Cannon which is pictured. I take pride in my work and the quality of my craftsmanship speaks for its self. I had packed the cannon in a crate and that picture is also here. It was secured well. But still UPS decided to damage it still by throwing the crate around and the screws that held the yolks in place were ripped from the plywood and the cannon went threw the end of the crate and the highly polished barrel got scratched up still.

( THIS WAS THE REASON WHY FOR MY IMPROPER LABEL EARLIER YOU DON'T SEE UPS THROWING AROUND A CASE OF .223 OR BLACK POWDER DO YOU )

The reason why i couldn't get to Office Max to get it was because my car was broken down and i live in the middle of the country and they are close to 50 miles away. Google my address Buzz and theirs.

And as far as the refund being late it's true. It's because I'm on disability from the Service for being a Ginnie pig for Bush's first gulf war back in 86 and that anthrax vaccine and i get $890 a month and between the car being broken down and having to get a new computer to get other jobs done because i can't run my lathe unless it's hooked up to a computer to control the Axis because its a CNC.

And when i did get the car fixed to get the cannon from office max he Bob said he wanted a refund period. So i sold the cannon to a pawn shop so i could get the computer so i could get the other jobs done that i had.

Only just recently i received a email from a good customer informing me of this post and that's why i'm just now responding to it.

I'm in no way soliciting any products i make i'm only defending my part in this ordeal. In the past 5 years in doing this as a source for extra income i have dealt with maybe 50 or more customers and only had maybe 4 or 5 unhappy customers. And in which i had gone out of my way to please by giving the customer a full refund and the Item and extra items such as molds extra barrels and 99% of the time when they do get it they send the refund back to me and buy again.

I wish the companies that i deal with did the same for me such as MicroKinetics for the CNC lathe i bought from them in which i had to pay close to $13,000.00 and the loan i had to take out for it in which i'm sill paying for.

But that's here or their.

In short since his deal went south i have sold several cannons and mortars and on 2 of the shipments UPS lost parts and damaged the one barrel in question by deep scratches and nicks from miss handling the crate.

And yes it is a piece of metal but when you spend hours polishing it up you'd like to have it arrive to the customers as you had sent it.

He claimed i was a thief that is not true circumstance were not in my or his favor I Do a lot of donation on other forums in which i get none of the proceeds close to $800 worth in the past 3 months. No problem their.

Here are the image's of the damaged crate for the large 19" cannon and another package that the wheel axial rods were lost somewhere during the shipping transit and damage to the finish

After reading his post I'm thinking about quitting making cannons it's really discouraging to read the words he says when i try to do a good job for someone. most website that do this kind of work have a 6-8 week waiting period for custom work mine was 2 weeks

In any case i hope this clearfies my stand point in this matter and i hope the moderators will leave this post on this thread.

I thank you all for taken the time to read this
531041_4038135077109_175735914_n.jpg

8809_4038141877279_1912826013_n.jpg

29432_3889343837421_803802338_n.jpg

68339_3882276100732_1626084144_n.jpg

403378_3958424284389_2135104658_n.jpg

604055_3958425684424_1549092871_n.jpg

I would hate to see you give up making cannons that is a beautiful piece of work.If I lived in the States instead of Canada I d be sending you payment for that little beauty.Unfortunately things can go South in a transaction beyond our control when a third party is involved in shipping.You are too good of a craftsman to throw in the towel, just mark it down to just plain bad luck and continue on with your craft.

Hi Their
Thanks for the complement. I know i shouldn't quite because of a few bad orders but it gets really over whelming when you read the post they make on you.
And only half of the story is told. And i do have the phone calls & emails to and from him on the dates he says i didn't call.

Living in the country had its disadvantages like stores close at hand but i'd rather be at that disadvantage than living in a populated are where i can't shoot my Cannons & Mortars and Guns. I live for my Freedom and not for the convenience of a store close by or a Hot-dog at 7/11 or a Starbucks cappuccino. Those are quotes from My Ex-Wife Now in California a good place for her
Mainly most of my customers are understanding and such i should change my deadline like other barrel maker do they have a 6-8 week period. But you see it should only take a few weeks if you have everything you need on hand and if you have a machine that's dependable that doesn't break down at every turn of the spindle.

If anything i do i'll do less custom work and just make what i like and then i'll post it for sale or donate it.

And to be quite honest i would rather of given him the barrel for free and not even deal with any of the BS if i could of gotten to the shipping place since it wasn't even paid for in full he still had the 3rd payment to pay.

But their must of been a reason why it didn't work out

Any how thank for the reply and have a Holiday season Austin :wink:

I like to start by saying i thought this matter was closed but austin seems to want ot keep it current
I did get my refund but only after he recieved a letter from the Kansas state A/G office
AMG200 aka austin (i'm sure a moderator could confirm this)
and yes austin you must admit i had to deal with alot of stories like unplanned trip to Vegas with no notice missing your promissed time the cannon would have been finished and you waited a full month befor you contacted me befor you tried to send the box miss labled this was not your first shippment and unsure how the shipping companys can screw up a barrel and if it was insurred if your having trouble we both would have been covered if they did and then learning from you post here how you sold simular barrel or one i would have taken to a pawn shop and you ignored my offers to work with you on this matter and also we privately discussed a refund and you know full well you were giving me stories and i had little choice but persue filing a case at teh A/G office in kansas at witch point
FOR ME THIS ISSUE IS CLOSED I GOTTON MY REFUND FINALY
and Im willing to share all the documents or the case with all document at eh A/G office proving facts in his own writing and mine
austin also cliams i didnt pay in full witch is correct he will prove by reading his own website 1/3 down 1/3 befor it is to be shipped and 1/3 balance due once it is recieved the first two payments plus all shipping/package cost was paid immediately only oweing the 1/3 due after item was recieved this was agreed to befor any thing waqs done
due dates was change with no notice given either by email of phone
and yes stores have phone numbers and will notify one if there an issue with a shippment and "EXPLOSIVE" labling is a red flag for any shipper
One more interesting twist a guy who claims he cant seem to join GBO has been sending me emails about austin and scale artillery just wondering how he got my emails from GBO John Williams emails is [email protected] IP address is interesting witch state is from
again sorry to the members here about this as i posted my dealing with scale artillery and austin as just that a warning to my troubles dealign with him and his companies

This is in response to Buzz
Well i have no idea why you think by saying ask the Moderators to check to see if this is Austin. I clearly stated my Name. And the refund wasn't issued to you because as per a earlier dated email prior to any letter from the AG office i had told you i would give it to you when i got my disability on the 4th I'll post it on my website for everyone to see. You are :youcrazy: to think it was because of that letter from them. It was already agreed upon weeks before
I had only learned of this post today Matter closed :bow: :bow: :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back