• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ruger old army ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonewolf5347

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I like to ask any one have idea were I can buy the original style nipple wrech that comes in the box for the ROA

I'll assume Ruger no longer has their nipple wrenches for sale since the Old Army has not been cataloged since 2008. Midway USA used to stock the ROA wrenches but just now showed not available.

Have found several original style wrenches at gun shows over the years but they are not common.

Suggest you try a free classified ad here in the forum in the "Shooting Accessories Wanted" section.

Maybe another member knows a source.

lonewolf5347 said:
I like to ask any one have idea were I can buy the original style nipple wrech that comes in the box for the ROA
Sorry I can't help you with a source for an original-style nipple wrench, but in my opinion those wrenches were cumbersome to use so I put mine away in the miscellaneous parts box and used a 3/16" nut driver instead. :thumbsup: Worked MUCH better for me as my hands aren't quite as supple as they used to be. :redface:

You can find 3/16" nut drivers at places like Harbor Freight and they are inexpensive to boot!

Last edited by a moderator:
:doh:

duh. why didn't I think of that?

Thanks for the post ... gotta swing by the hardware store anyway.

:hatsoff:

No offense taken.
I owned two Old Army revolvers over the years but I couldn't have told you what the wrenches looked like except that they were not standard.
I'm surprized to read in this thread that they are discontinued. I was never much of a pistol shooter but consider the Ruger heads and tails above all over cap and ball revolvers.

This what you are talking about?

Rugerwrench1.jpg

Rugerwrench2.jpg

Rugerwrench4.jpg

Spence

Back