• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ruger Old Army @#%$* cylinder OOOPS.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquach

32 Cal
Reaction score
Seems I owe the forum an apology. I posted a comment about a certain contraband cylinder and got deleted. I knew that this particular item could not be bought, sold, or traded here but I didn't realize that it could not be discussed either. Sorry, I will seek knowledge of this item elsewhere and stick to the traditional here. Hope I didn't ruffle too many feathers.

Last edited:
IMG_3978.jpeg

Seems I owe the forum an apology. I posted a comment about a certain contraband cylinder and got deleted. I knew the this particular item could not be bought, sold, or traded here but I didn't realize that it could not be discussed either. Sorry, I will seek knowledge of this item elsewhere and stick to the traditional here. Hope I didn't ruffle too many feathers.

Seems you can kind of get by with it in the "What did you do today" thread for premium members, but not in the regular forums.

It's a shame, I was looking forward to your posts.

Thanks Waarp8nt. I didn't really have any comments on the subject having never used it.....yet. I was looking for advice. I lost my BP mentor a few years ago and kinda' let it go. Now that I'm older and have more time I'm picking it back up. At one time I was doing the whole Buckskinning thing.

Seems I owe the forum an apology. I posted a comment about a certain contraband cylinder and got deleted. I knew that this particular item could not be bought, sold, or traded here but I didn't realize that it could not be discussed either. Sorry, I will seek knowledge of this item elsewhere and stick to the traditional here. Hope I didn't ruffle too many feathers.
You might try on one of the cowboy forums or maybe the high road blackpowder forum. Good luck with your pursuits…

I could not sleep last night because of it LOL

I had nightmares myself, oddly they had feathers, maybe I should stay off the sauce?

I am no purist though I can understand some discipline for a forum like this. ROA pretty well defies a category but its a Muzzle Loader by definition (or a chamber loader but then all BP revolvers are).

45D likes his cylinders (we won't mention what kind those are). But the basis is still a BP revolver. And those (ahem) different cylinders were part of the history. Kept a lot of otherwise fine guns in service with far more practical for SD.

We saw some modern BP targets a while back. Loved seeing them, eye opener to an area I did not know existed. All fun stuff.

Back