• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Reworked rifle by the Strohs boys

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickD

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I got this Hawken style rifle in a trade a while back and wasnt happy with the light colored finish or the 14" trigger pull.I dropped it off at the Strohs boys to have them cut her down to a 13 1/2" trigger pull and refinish her in a darker finish..I got lucky and the Older Wiser Stroh " Roys Dad Tom" work his magic on her..The rifle fits me like a glove and the pics dont do the finish on the rifle justice at all..

PS
Swampy,Roy let me fondle your new cherry gun stock today.
2433679410063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

2602954120063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

2258822430063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

2686367110063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

Sweet! Looks good, was gonna ask you if you ever did put that button on the bag. Looks really nice Rick. :thumbsup:

She is a beaut. I think a Hawkin is coming in the future if I get this Dickert started. :hmm:

I'll tell him that everyone seems to like it :grin: thanks all for thier compliments... It does look a bit different, from what it did.

:hmm: wonder if he will tell me that he doesn't have anything to work on anymore? :haha:

Ha,that new puppy done chewed the heck out of that piece of cherry..Maybe you should be thinking pistol not new rifle..

Did he have to fit a new brass butt on it when he shortened it or did he somehow use the original? It shore came out nice. c

Just cut 1/2" off and re-fitted the buttplate. He had to remove a good bit of thickness off of the stock. Also wanted to remove more wood from the forestock, but it wouldn't allow it.

:( Jus wait till them Stroh boys open that box i jus sent them :shake: !!! this one is the one horror stories are made about! :shocked2: Honest!!! (hope they can fix it! :surrender: ) RC

Going to make me ask arent ya..How did you break it and do you have pics??

Back