• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rescuing "humpie" flints.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tea just fancy water!!!!

Over here in England tea is more than that. A work break is called a "tea break" and so boosts the morale. The "tea break" requires the use of the biscuit (biccy!) for the obligatory "dunk". A "rich tea" biscuit is a favourite for that.

Even at the most cruical moments during the lifetime of the Empire, while under threat from Napoleon and then Hitler, there was always time for a cup of tea. :winking:

I understand there were some long faces when the Royal Navy did away with grog, though.

Tea is preferable to instant coffee, but otherwise it's just a way to mask off-tasting water or to get something warm into you on a cold day. :winking:

Now, some of the oxidized oolong black teas or smoked caravan, they almost approach a suitable drink. None of this squirrel gray or breakfast types.

I use those wheels or a reasonable facsimile about everyday in my shop, mostly on metal, you can buy them just about anywhere they sell dremel tools. A piece of sand paper on a block will cut that hump off in just a few minutes, can also be used to sharpen old flints. Or lay a sheet of sandpaper down and rub the hump back and forth across it cuts it much faster than you'd expect.
Daryl, :applause: congrats on the stopping smoking, it's hard , keep after it. Hardly anyone smokes here, it's so rare that to see someone smoking it's like if you saw them streaking or doing something else equally strange.

Latest posts

Back