• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rescuing "humpie" flints.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tea just fancy water!!!!

Over here in England tea is more than that. A work break is called a "tea break" and so boosts the morale. The "tea break" requires the use of the biscuit (biccy!) for the obligatory "dunk". A "rich tea" biscuit is a favourite for that.

Even at the most cruical moments during the lifetime of the Empire, while under threat from Napoleon and then Hitler, there was always time for a cup of tea. :winking:

I understand there were some long faces when the Royal Navy did away with grog, though.

Tea is preferable to instant coffee, but otherwise it's just a way to mask off-tasting water or to get something warm into you on a cold day. :winking:

Now, some of the oxidized oolong black teas or smoked caravan, they almost approach a suitable drink. None of this squirrel gray or breakfast types.

I use those wheels or a reasonable facsimile about everyday in my shop, mostly on metal, you can buy them just about anywhere they sell dremel tools. A piece of sand paper on a block will cut that hump off in just a few minutes, can also be used to sharpen old flints. Or lay a sheet of sandpaper down and rub the hump back and forth across it cuts it much faster than you'd expect.
Daryl, :applause: congrats on the stopping smoking, it's hard , keep after it. Hardly anyone smokes here, it's so rare that to see someone smoking it's like if you saw them streaking or doing something else equally strange.

Back