• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Renegade to 58 caliber

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
necchi said:
I have now given 15 minutes of my life to you.
Your welcome.
It's kinda like wetting your pants in a dark suit.
You get a warm feeling but nobody notices.

Funny, I feel like I'm the one who just got whizzed on, and all I did was ask a question.

Anybody ever accused you of being arrogant? :hatsoff:

If your THAT upset by people asking questions on a discussion forum, perhaps a break from all this drudgery is in order? :youcrazy:

Now I remember why I haven't logged into this forum in many, many, many months.

To reiterate, measure them holes!!!

And consider that if you have a rusty TC .54 you can just ask that it be reamed until it is cleaned up and then re-rifled. Probably end up with a pristine .56.

Hey, didn't Lyman use to make a set of .56 hollow base bullet blocks?
:grin:

If you look and Chris` history, you'll find that he was part of a topic with the very discussion that is done in this thread nearly two yrs ago.
He asked the same, and was given the same info then. It's there, look.
There was no "research" that needed to be done here,, just reading this topic.
I completely understand recurring questions, it's part of forums, when old info has faded to back pages and archives.
In this case all of the information is current on the front page of this section with a direct hint to the full answer literally only 1 post above Chris's question.
Is that what forums are reduced too? Rehashing information already right there because someone can't read or even skim the topic?

necchi said:
If you look and Chris` history, you'll find that he was part of a topic with the very discussion that is done in this thread nearly two yrs ago.
He asked the same, and was given the same info then. It's there, look.
There was no "research" that needed to be done here,, just reading this topic.
I completely understand recurring questions, it's part of forums, when old info has faded to back pages and archives.
In this case all of the information is current on the front page of this section with a direct hint to the full answer literally only 1 post above Chris's question.
Is that what forums are reduced too? Rehashing information already right there because someone can't read or even skim the topic?

:doh:
Good day to you and this forum. What a jerk......

[/quote]

:doh:
Good day to you and this forum. What a jerk......
[/quote]
:2 I have to say...This forum is the greatest resource available when it comes to Traditional Muzzleloading and BP shooting. Our senior members here have decades of experience and knowledge. We are very lucky indeed to have such a high caliber of expertise available to us at the touch of a finger. On the other end of the coin, you also have to do your part too! If you truly want to learn, simple things as reading the whole post and doing a little research on your own is in order. This forum is not just a bunch of members asking and answering questions. It is also an excellent research resource that is made available to those who are truly willing to do their part and do a little research on their own. I heavily rely on the expertise of our senior members, but also do my part in using the tools available that this forum has to offer. It is not right to expect one of our senior members to hand deliver information to you on a silver platter and you not do your part in even trying to do a little work yourself. I think that this young man was way off base and needs a little growing up to do. " You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink " This is a very friendly forum full of experienced, knowledgeable folks! Respectfully, Cowboy

Would some of you be kind enough to post some pictures of your reworked/refinished Renegades.

I have an unfired one in .54, it has the rubbery butt plate thing (ewwwww), and I'm looking for ideas to 1 make it look better and 2 shorten the lop to 13.5 short of replacing the stock.

Thank you

CT
You might check out slimmed down renegades in the general muzzleloading part of the forum. There is some pictures in that thread. Mine are all the same as they were the only change is the bore of the barrels. Al

Back