• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Remington #11's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marketing technique which is pure gimmick, stronger than what?.

Last ones I bought, the fulminate fell out of the caps and was laying in the bottom of the tin when I opened the tin. Ever try to put fulminate back inside a cap?

Need some, if you were closer I would give them to you.

Most places who sell or did sell caps sell CCI for a reason. One thousand CCI caps come in a small box.

Remington caps come in a blister packet of 100 with card board backing which takes up a lot of shelf space which is valuable to vendors.

Cheaper to ship 10,000 CCI caps than 10.000 Remington's.

I can accept blowing apart and jamming, I cannot accept not going off due to the fulminate falling out of the cap.

I've used Remington caps without having any problems but it was a few years ago.

Maybe they've "New and Improved!" them.

I've seen a lot of good products messed up by improving them. :(

Doubt I'll notice a difference unless they jam up a revolver. Maybe I could run some chrono tests and see if there's something to see.

I have a tin of #11s and 4 tins of #10s. The #10s are the only caps that fit my Ruger Old Armys. Haven't had any duds with any of the 50 or so I've fired.

I found an old gun shop near my house that had about 8 tins of Remington caps for $2/each...bought them all, needless to say. They fire just like my CCI caps, so no complaints here.

I haven't noticed any difference in the firing of them and Remington is about the only cap I use anymore after havin reliability issues with the CCI's. The Remingtons always fire on my rifles. The cap splits a little more than they used to but that just means they don't get stuck on my nipple any more. Win-win to me

I bought my first percussion gun last fall and the fellas at the range said to stay away from them. However, I had already bought 4 tins. I have fired ~150 them and yet to have an issue. They were also less expensive than the CCI

I have been told that CCI has stopped making caps. And that Remington is slowing production.

I have been using RWS #11 -
Manufactured by RWS/Dynamit Nobel

They are supposedly 50% hotter. They definitely are hotter and of course more expensive.

WB

I shoot both and have not noticed a difference. I will be keeping an eye out now. Most of my problems are with faults behind the rifle.
:grin:

Back