• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Recommended gun building cd’s?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

40calFlintlock

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Three years ago, I posed the question what flintlock rifle kit to purchase. The response from the forum was to go with Jim Chambers kits.
Yesterday, I met Jim Chambers and his daughter Barbie. Barbie gave me a grand tour of Jim’s work area, their business and let me shoulder a gorgeous Early Lancaster flintlock rifle and a gorgeous York flintlock rifle. The Early Lancaster fit like it was custom-made for me, so I purchased the kit sans barrel. They did not have a .58cal barrel.
I have read Building the Pennsylvania longrifle and Gunsmiths of Grenville County books. My question is are there any recommendations for flintlock rifle building cd’s? I’ve watched numerous YouTube videos on the subject, but it’s hard to pick up details in a 3-5min video.
Thank you for your help!

Bill's are the way to go.
I bought the video Chambers sells and it does not compare to what Bill has done. There are other building videos that show alternative methods and sequences which are very good but Bill's are the most instructive ones I have found.
look at:
duelist1954
Homemade History
as well

Let google be your friend.

Bill's are the way to go.
I bought the video Chambers sells and it does not compare to what Bill has done. There are other building videos that show alternative methods and sequences which are very good but Bill's are the most instructive ones I have found.
look at:
duelist1954
Homemade History
as well

Let google be your friend.
I get a real kick out of Homemade History. I am surprised he still has fingers :oops:. All in All this guy takes on some serious projects and I enjoy watching what an angle grinder and files can do in his hands.

I would suggest Jim Kibler's videos. They're specifically about putting together his kits, but there's a lot to learn about general techniques along the way. You should be able to find them by looking up Kibler long rifles on youtube...

Latest posts

Back