• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED RB mold wanted

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madsweeney

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have this 1850's target rifle I'm trying to get back into shooting condition. The bore is larger than .375 but smaller than .380. I could shoot .375 balls with a super thin patch if I hammer it down the barrel. I have a .360 mold but that is real sloppy fit even with a thick pillow ticking patch. If I could find a mold in the .368 range, that would be a wonderful thing. Anybody got one for sale? know of a source?

Thanks
MS

Ther is a guy across the pond that I read on here some of the members got moulds from with great results and fast shipping times. Do a search as I cant remember the site, it was not long ago. Hope this helps and he only did roundball moulds!

I have this 1850's target rifle I'm trying to get back into shooting condition. The bore is larger than .375 but smaller than .380. I could shoot .375 balls with a super thin patch if I hammer it down the barrel. I have a .360 mold but that is real sloppy fit even with a thick pillow ticking patch. If I could find a mold in the .368 range, that would be a wonderful thing. Anybody got one for sale? know of a source?

Thanks
MS
I had a 1850/6. Swiss style offhand target rifle that was proof stamped 9.6m/m =.3779".always used Hornady .375" swaged ball. With an .oo6" Lubed cotton patch. Put it down with short starter,then range rod over 40 grains of C & H No.2 .Shot into high 90's on a PL7 at 100M. Didn't seem to mind having it's balls hammered down, Muzzle was choked .0015 for first 2"..O.D..

Back