• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Range box examples

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a little fore-thought, I can get most of the kit that I would need for a trip to the range in here... with the exception of rifles and range rods and lunch.
IMG_0511.jpg

I use GI .30 cal ammo cans. One for the .32 and .36 cals. One for the .50 and .54 cals. One for the .45 cals. One for the .44 cal revolvers and one for the .36 cal revolver. One for the Enfield and one for shotgun stuff. These are all percussion guns. One box for the flintlocks. Keeps everything together except for the powder that is kept separately. A small tool kit is kept in a range bag. All I have to do is pick up the right box for what is being shot that day. Works for me.
I have a friend who does the very same thing!!! 👍

I would like to see how you organize your BP stuff for a range trip.
I shoot flint rifle and smooth bore,
Percussion rifle and revolver.
Seems like it’s always a scramble to be sure I have everything I need and I get to the range and need something I failed to bring.
Do you take your shooting bag to the range or do you have everything you need in a box?
Thinking I need 2 boxes, one for flint and another for percussion?
Pictures please?
Thanks, TG
There's actually another thread with some really nice wood range boxs. I think it's called "Show us your range box"
It might have been me that started the thread, lol

I would like to see how you organize your BP stuff for a range trip.
I shoot flint rifle and smooth bore,
Percussion rifle and revolver.
Seems like it’s always a scramble to be sure I have everything I need and I get to the range and need something I failed to bring.
Do you take your shooting bag to the range or do you have everything you need in a box?
Thinking I need 2 boxes, one for flint and another for percussion?
Pictures please?
Thanks, TG
Yup, I did start one.
Cool pictures!
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/show-us-your-range-box.119862/

First of all: Have a list of what is needed for each of your muzzleloaders!
I have one main shooting box, and that is for my primary gun. If I have other guns then I will add another box for particulars. A lot of what is in the primary will work for other guns but not always. The main one will contain: Powder, powder flask, priming powder flask, safety glasses, screwdriver, pliers, notebook, pencil, black sharpie, cleaning patches, oil, staple gun, .495 round balls, flints, flint leather, TH pick, starter, patches, ball puller, fouling scraper, jag, powder measure, flint napping hammer. This is just for a 50 cal flintlock. As you know, if you change to percussion or different cal then equipment needs to be adjusted. A different RB size maybe, patches, percussion caps, nipple wrench and RR ends that are applicable. I also bring a period correct 5 gallon plastic bucket for paper towel, drinking water, hand soap, bug spray, extra powder, and my hearing protection muffs. A permanent kept check list is really your salvation for having essential shooting items. When I was young and dumb, went to a two day out of town shoot. Half way through the shoot went to the van to get my 45 percussion pistol.............left it at home. 😂
Larry

View attachment 129633
I found a little box about a 1/4 the size of yours at a tag sale a few years back. I believe it was an old sewing box it even has a tray on the top like yours and very well made , just reminded me of it haha. I was going to use it as a pistol range-box but it didnt work out for me.

I found a little box about a 1/4 the size of yours at a tag sale a few years back. I believe it was an old sewing box it even has a tray on the top like yours and very well made , just reminded me of it haha. I was going to use it as a pistol range-box but it didnt work out for me.
Also when I would bring multiple guns I would just throw one or both of these in the box, but now I just throw in whatever ball-bags I need and feed the ball bags from these boxes.

Attachments

• RenderedImage.jpg
    RenderedImage.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 65
I shoot a lot of different guns, smoothbore, rifles, single shot pistols and revolvers, flint and percussion. And I hate getting to the range without something. I have one of the semi-large MTM boxes that stays in the car with my bag and an assortment of powder containers, caps, flints, various balls, patches, eyes and ears, etc., etc. I just add guns and range rods and I am good to go, mostly.

Wow great ideas. Just what I was hoping to see. I knew I needed to get organized and I’ve gotten what I need to go forward.
Dang this forum is great!

Been shooting hand guns for decades. Used and wore out a Pachmayr 5 gun box so replicated it and modified it for blackpowder shooting. Of course it’s a pistol box but even for the occasional long gun it has everything needed for a day at the range. There is a back compartment that holds the spotting scope that fits the lid bracket.
Extra powder and projectiles are in small wooden boxes as well as several tins of percussion caps.
Small tools, cleaning supplies, targets, staple gun it’s all in and stays in the box.
Bulky, heavy and old school for sure and it only holds two handguns.

Attachments

• 707441E1-C70B-4941-BE54-4F471A44C05E.jpeg
    707441E1-C70B-4941-BE54-4F471A44C05E.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 053B93A2-602D-4558-9258-6E620E99E8CA.jpeg
    053B93A2-602D-4558-9258-6E620E99E8CA.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 96
  • 4D991A28-57F7-4AE3-AFAA-597DD9525C63.jpeg
    4D991A28-57F7-4AE3-AFAA-597DD9525C63.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 84526DCC-FD9F-44F1-A98C-95038A64B9EF.jpeg
    84526DCC-FD9F-44F1-A98C-95038A64B9EF.jpeg