• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Custom Relic Wood Boxes - What do you Use to Store your BP supplies?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At my regular BP shoot most shooters use modern tackle boxes or wood cabinets. I decided to go primitive and made a simple wood crate. I tend to be the most HC person there.
I've been thinking of just that; a wood crate for my 20 ga. fusil de chasse.

I have a piece of furniture in my Gun Room/library that suffices; an old sideboard from the 1920's. My Black Powder canisters are in the drawer beneath the balls. The drawers are all locked, and of course wood, which satisfies the legal requirements in these parts. It is illegal in France to carry BP in metal ammo boxes.

Attachments

• IMG_20240125_194925.jpg
    IMG_20240125_194925.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240125_195611.jpg
    IMG_20240125_195611.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I’m working up to just going to the range with nothing but my rifle, shooting pouch and powder horn. Good incentive to not dry ball. :)
That’s what I do. I have some boxes at home that are just for storing extra muzzleloading supplies. But when I go to the range it’s just rifle, bag and horn, a cardboard target and maybe a water bottle if it’s hot. A knife is on my belt.

Over the years, I’ve reduced the size of my bags and the amount of stuff in them. I’m glad no one on here ever saw my first homemade bag. It was huge! And I had enough junk in it to set up a small store! Now my bags are all much smaller and each one set up the same with balls, patching, either extra flints or caps, turn screw or nipple wrench, worm and vent pick.

Wanted to share my custom Relic Wood Boxes that I had made. I use these for black powder shooting/ black powder storage.

The Naval scene on my black powder range box is the famous duel between the USS Constitution and the HMS Guerriere during the war of 1812.

The Blackpowder Chest has 13 colonies Flag on top with a scene from the Battle of Long island inside.

Feel free to share what you use for the BP storage needs or BP range box.

View attachment 287679

View attachment 287680

View attachment 287682

View attachment 287683

View attachment 287684

View attachment 287686

View attachment 287685

Very nice shooting boxes,

Latest posts

Back