• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Ram rod puller

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyhole

45, 50, 69, 75
Reaction score
I'm looking for a ram rod puller to add to my range box... it seems that I really need one lol. I'll gladly pay shipping too.

Looks like everyone online has been out of them for quite some time.

1699564363780.png

All you need is a length of 1/4 in. rope couple half hitches around the stuck rod tie the end off to say a post, tree, rafter or whatever is sturdy then slowly back away holding the gun at waist level or straight down if using a rafter and ease out the rod. if you want a bit of warm water in the bore before the pulling helps. Pulled a bunch in this manner as a civil war re-enactor.

I bought one at the 88 ONWT doin's. It has come in very handy for many shooters and I've used it myself once or twice, but have loaned it out or used to help others' much more. $5 - a lot of money back in the day. Probably the most frequently used tool in my shooting box other than a screwdriver or knife. I've replaced the leather pads three times in 35 years. JB Weld holds the leather the longest so far.

Appalachian Hunter's rope trick also works great and avoids someone being in line of the muzzle if there is a powder charge under a ball.

Last edited:
I hope your happy after you finally find your elusive ball puller, I am with Andy, bought one of these things years ago and since I do not remember selling it, it must be around here somewhere.

If you shoot by yourself, which I do a lot, this thing is close to useless. It takes two hands to pull on it and you have to find someway to hold the rifle from moving without damaging the stock etc. Even if you have a companion you find it difficult to hold the rifle solidly fixed.

But, again, I hope you like it.

I have one. I have used it one time just to see how it would work. It’s sitting in my safe. Brass and very solid. I’m not using it or ever really cared to. I just bought it when I first started shooting as an “ oh, this looks handy”. But it’s sat in the safe ever since. Let me know if you are interested.

Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back